Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2015 zetec s/st-line want to make lights automatic?

Chris_W

Hi al!

Is there anyway to make a Ford Focus 2015 zetec s/st-line lights automatic? im sick of using the switch! wish there was a A sign like on Titaniums and ST's!

I believe it can be retrofitted by buying the switch with the A on it new windscreen and the sensor that sticks to the window

also it will need to be enabled using an elm cable

Are you sure you want it? I never use it on mine. I decide if lights are necessary. Auto lights don't work in foggy conditions

Love mine, but pretty certain it uses the light sensor on the dashboard, not the windscreen sensor. Covering the windscreen centre only switches the wipers on, not the lights, and I think the sensor is there on all cars as its used by the air con

Agreed, that daylight fog confuses the auto lights, but you do get a big green light on the dash and a picture of your car with lights on to remind you (Plus i have added front and rear DLR, on mine so its always lit)

46 minutes ago, Jezza54 said:

Are you sure you want it? I never use it on mine. I decide if lights are necessary. Auto lights don't work in foggy conditions

I agree.  There are certain things that should be controlled by the driver, and not a computer.

• Like 1

Thanks I understand all that but what I mean is it's safer for the light to automatically come on. Better than forgetting as that could be fatal. And in foggy conditions I would right away out my lights on, common sense. Do you think Ford will fit them for me?

3 hours ago, madmole said:

Love mine, but pretty certain it uses the light sensor on the dashboard, not the windscreen sensor. Covering the windscreen centre only switches the wipers on, not the lights, and I think the sensor is there on all cars as its used by the air con

Agreed, that daylight fog confuses the auto lights, but you do get a big green light on the dash and a picture of your car with lights on to remind you (Plus i have added front and rear DLR, on mine so its always lit)

Pretty sure the 2014-present has it mounted with the rain sensor. I'll need to check it out next time its not raining, but that's what a quick search of eBay and these forums turns up.

• Like 1

Make sure you turn the auto wipers off first or you will get your hands wiped when you test (Ask me how I know!!!), mines a 2013

• Like 2

@DJ_Andy_M thanks Andy Do you reckon ford can fit them for me? its annoying really because at the end of the day the car I purchased isnt the lowest spec and yes isnt the highest spec but it is the zetec sport verison with many other extras. I would have got a tit or tit x but hat the way they look without bodykit, but I found recently I could have purchased them from Europe much cheaper and fitted myself! i regret not getting tit x now paid basically same price as one

you need the switch, rain sensor and retaining clip( it does activate the lights) and if the wiring isnt there to plug in the rain sensor, a wiring harness from sensor to bcm module. then it will need switching on using diagnostic equipment . ford garage probably wont do it.
i did mine .

• Like 1

also when it is switched on, you can switch the rain sensing wiper function also using diagnostic equipment.
the problem you could have is the switching of these functions. im not sure the software that i used on mine( foccuss software and elm 327 cable) works on your age of focus

Right just had a look and I have the rain sensor and it's wired but the looks of things, do I simply just need the switch for lights and enable using elm327?

IMG_8892.JPG

IMG_8893.JPG

IMG_8894.JPG

IMG_8895.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

The black box is not the rain/light sensor. 

The black box is the GPSM module which is needed for Emergency Assistance and on the SYNC 2 system the GPSM module is also used for GPS reception of the Sat Nav system.

The rain/light sensor is installed inside the round mounting space in front of the GPSM module.

12 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The black box is not the rain/light sensor. 

The black box is the GPSM module which is needed for Emergency Assistance and on the SYNC 2 system the GPSM module is also used for GPS reception of the Sat Nav system.

The rain/light sensor is installed inside the round mounting space in front of the GPSM module.

damn it is and all after i search on google the code its the beeping GPS! do i have the correct windscreen and mount etc.? Would i just need the light sensor and wire?

If this cable for the sensor is definitely in my wiring, will it be in the headlining or could it be elsewhere? As im going to give it another go removing part the headliner to look inside. anyone help me out please?

This the correct wire for rain sensor?

IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8949.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

And do I need to cut the excess black/white wir s of that lead to other components so it's just the one for ground?

IMG_8961.JPG

IMG_8962.JPG

IMG_8963.JPG

I will be making a tutorial on how to do this is if everything goes successful! And the 2 users who have helped me so far will be given credit for all there help! I am currently using this thread to upload images whilst on the way to completing the mod. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm! My harness already has the wires? Pin 2 and 3 does this mean m harness already has the sneaker connector somewhere in car?

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8988.JPG

IMG_8989.JPG

Hmm! Just found out that these 2 wires where connected to this! Module? Attached to roof lining with the he same type of connector as rain sensor! Ffs

IMG_8952.JPG

IMG_8953.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club