Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav

Redders

Has anyone fitted a  factory fitted sat nav to a fiesta which didn't have sat nav as standard.

i have a 2016 fiesta sport van which has dab and bluetooth but need to know if it's possible before I buy a unit and monitor and surround.

does anyone know what else is required 

thanks in advance 

I have just done it, the guide from mikeyjbartlett was great for the wiring. You need a screen with the sd card slot which is the satnav screen, a new top cover as the screen sits further forward, a gps aerial, I bought one on eBay for about a fiver, a fakra lead extension to make the traffic updates work, an sd map card and a new satnav facial panel (I have one of these for sale)

as in the guide, after fitting you will need to tell the car it now has satnav or it will work but be stuck on kms, the lead cost me £20 from eBay and forscan is free. 

9 hours ago, bigchunk said:

I have just done it, the guide from mikeyjbartlett waxs great for the wiring. You need a screen with the sd card slot which is the satnav screen, a new top cover as the screen sits further forward, a gps aerial, I bought one on eBay for about a fiver, a fakra lead extension to make the traffic updates work, an sd map card and a new satnav facial panel (I have one of these for sale)

as in the guide, after fitting you will need to tell the car it now has satnav or it will work but be stuck on kms, the lead cost me £20 from eBay and forscan is free. 

Was you original radio dab.

this all sounds harder than I thought

if you lived closer I'd pay you to do the job

IMG_2139.JPG

My origional was a dab but sony one, that's why I have a satnav facia available as I bought the whole lot on eBay and then found a sony satnav facial panel and changed it over, it sounds worse than it is, happy to help you out with fitting, it's honestly not that bad to do. There was a screen for sale on eBay but you would still need the top cover panel too. (And a facia panel obviously)  

7 minutes ago, bigchunk said:

My origional was a dab but sony one, that's why I have a satnav facia available as I bought the whole lot on eBay and then found a sony satnav facial panel and changed it over, it sounds worse than it is, happy to help you out with fitting, it's honestly not that bad to do. There was a screen for sale on eBay but you would still need the top cover panel too. (And a facia panel obviously)  

I won't really know what wires are there until I remove my radio and look.

theres a ford system complete from a very low mileage car on eBay at the moment