Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Edge waiting time!

LukeEdge

Hi LukeEdge,

Have you had any update from your dealer about delivery time? MIne is still stuck in Bristol as of last Friday, will chase the dealer (and their customer service manager and Ford themselves) again tomorrow if they miss the weekly update due today.

Edited by tallguy
grammer

Hi tallguy, yes and no. No date in stone as yet but dealer asked me to send some papers so they can finalise finance on the car which itself have already allocated reg. Number with 1 registration date for 30th of march. So.. i am getting high on hopes maybe end of the week? I bet they pray to get rid of such customer who all the time is demanding and asking and emailing and so on... Lol.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Just make sure you keep holding the date against them, I did my finance stuff 3 or 4 weeks ago and the 7 day drive away insurance beginning of last week and I still don't have a firm delivery date yet. (still haven't heard anything from the dealer today)

Thanks tallguy for cutting my wings, hash tag sad face! My hope is that the finance is provided by them, ford UK, as after loads of haggle gave me best deal. So they should know the best when to realise funds. All was agreed and accept of course in September when i do placed my order. Now is just funds release stage.

But of course I will keep pressure on them, I'm kinds stubborn. Lol. Already using some site found name and email of the CEO of ford UK and send there long and juicy complaint email. Maybe you should try same thing?

When I confirmed my order the car was already sat in Zee, as of Friday it was still sat there 2 weeks later showing as compound in. Looks like we could all be waiting on the same shipment over to the UK. 

Rob, when your dream machine arrived in Zeebrugge? Mine was 20 Feb.

5 minutes ago, LukeEdge said:

Rob, when your dream machine arrived in Zeebrugge? Mine was 20 Feb.

Hi Luke

Looking at the screen shot 22nd?

I see you've gone for the Ruby aswell, nice choice :)

Shipping.JPG

Ta, yes rubby sport for me. As that black grill looks good on it... So had no choice lol. Had no idea they do send them in so many vessels in such (2 days) short period of time. Looks like there is demand for those babies.
I simply told my dealer if i won't have my car around 1st of April... I will make the April fools day.. and will cancel my order. Double checked papers can do so... And found yes i can lol. And dealer would be stuck with custom made car with rather high spec and money's frozen. Hope that might work on them. Try same approach for your but first check your papers can u do that kind of game.

I'm not in much of a rush, I'm out the country early April and didn't want a new car sat at the airport so they agreed to defer my pickup til mid April, works for me but I just wanted to get to see it in person before its taxed etc this week. Not the first time i've done this and trust my dealer so all good. 

That said can't wait to get it, had a Kuga ST Line X on order but they couldn't get the build date in time for the deals so cancelled and I went for the Edge :) 

Rob, well played. So hope when you will be back, new shiny and smelling great edge (much more good looking in my opinion than Kuga) will be waiting for just to jump in and enjoy.
I am sadly not in such comfortable position and my dealer from day 1 was aware of my time scale. So... Yeah.

HI, 

Update from Ford on my Edge Yesterday - 

I have just got off the phone to the logistics team your vehicle is at Portbury. I asked when we might see your vehicle and I was told its due to be transported Thursday let’s hope they hold that date. Apologise for not being able to give an exact date as stated before as soon as we receive your vehicle I will make priority.

and given a previous email from the dealer

As for delivery I have just checked and currently shows delivery weekending 18.03.17 once vehicle has been delivered to our holding compound we give them 48 hour notice of our intention to collect, Once on site we can then have the vehicle ready within 24 hours.

Which means at very best, if they work Saturdays, Ready to Collect COB Monday 3rd April, I've asked for written confirmation of registration and taxing before 1st April. I've also informed them of the fact that I'm traveling for the next 6 or so weeks after the 5th April, so am considering cancelling if not available by COB 5th

Not impressed at all, once I'd paid the deposit and signed the finance papers the customer service and drive to retain my business for servicing etc has been none existent

12 minutes ago, tallguy said:

HI, 

Update from Ford on my Edge Yesterday - 

I have just got off the phone to the logistics team your vehicle is at Portbury. I asked when we might see your vehicle and I was told its due to be transported Thursday let’s hope they hold that date. Apologise for not being able to give an exact date as stated before as soon as we receive your vehicle I will make priority.

and given a previous email from the dealer

As for delivery I have just checked and currently shows delivery weekending 18.03.17 once vehicle has been delivered to our holding compound we give them 48 hour notice of our intention to collect, Once on site we can then have the vehicle ready within 24 hours.

Which means at very best, if they work Saturdays, Ready to Collect COB Monday 3rd April, I've asked for written confirmation of registration and taxing before 1st April. I've also informed them of the fact that I'm traveling for the next 6 or so weeks after the 5th April, so am considering cancelling if not available by COB 5th

Not impressed at all, once I'd paid the deposit and signed the finance papers the customer service and drive to retain my business for servicing etc has been none existent

Given my recent experiences, I'm sorry to say that I'm not at all surprised. I hope you beat the taxman.

If you do cancel, would you consider a pre-registered car? Still brand new but technically you'd be the second keeper. And as they'd be registered before 1 April, they won't attract the new tax rates.

I don't know, the whole experience has left me with a really sour taste with Ford. Originally i was looking at a personnel lease through a third party company ('in stock'), but after the test drive I offered to buy the demonstrator if they could beat the payment terms on the lease, they couldn't get close but they knocked so much of a new car that they could make it competitive ??!!! so signed up for the new car, but now left with the possibility of no new car before the tax change and still no real confirmed delivery date and they knew the deadline was the Road tax changes. Grrrrr

If you go for personal lease, as I do and after loads of haggle Ford gave me best deal on it, you shouldn't​worry 2 much about road tax increase as it is always already incorporated in your monthly payments so if they decide to pass it (price hike) on you means they do change agreement so you can step away from it without legal consequences.

Okay guys, seems like my Dealer did Stirling job.. just gotta e mail from them.

"Hi

We can now offer delivery from 6th April subject to the original copy of the direct debit mandate sent it to us ASAP– please can you complete and return via email to ensure the delivery slot isn’t missed!"

Possible they are already full of me... and simply want to get rid of such pushy customer, don't blame them lol.

Update from dealer today, mines gone back a week. Was estimated to dealer April 1, now April 8. Still leaves time for April 15 pickup but getting close!!

Yeah, so typical ford. Funny enough, my delivery date will be exactly 7 months after ordering! And during proces estimate for delivery was changed no less than 10 times.

Update - On mine, Pick up Wednesday 10am, could have picked it up Lunchtime today, but Ford gave me no time to clear my calendar at work, so tomorrow it is.

I'll drop some photos on if it actually happens

• Like 2

Hey Simon, 

Thats great news, I wish I knew when mine was going to move from Zee.

Get some pics up, something that is lacking loads on this forum is pics :) 

Hey, awesome news tallguy.
Mine will be on Thursday before lunch, cannot wait. As well will try to post some pictures and follow up with "unboxing" feedback later on.
So exited.

Okay, finally today is the day. At 8.30 car was delivered to my work... Looks stunning. Latter will try to post few pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeEdge said:

Okay, finally today is the day. At 8.30 car was delivered to my work... Looks stunning. Latter will try to post few pictures.

Hey Luke

great news, def get some pics up wanna see the Ruby Red!! 

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, in my opinion looks super, way better live than on pictures. In real is much less purple, more like good red wine, [emoji485]. 537beba35f07d891553408c63f5b0fd8.jpga5f2b188fc4fcd7d42d4be5e93c9c0cf.jpgb64bd0d259724c4dfd475ad885446fb4.jpgda702026d4bb1f97b190f0533c828e62.jpg843a6491e04373be18bf82d2fc983ad3.jpg3fd34d09ab4525b05637ec8b1a5eea4b.jpg

• Like 2