Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mechanical issue (rattle)

Newblet

Hello,

I'm new to driving (passed in December) and I'm not very mechanical savy.

I bought a 56 fiesta on 31st December and it's been running fine since then until recently. The issues I'm having are as follows.

I hear a springy noise when dropping the clutch

There is a knocking/rattle noise when the clutch is down

When in first gear at low revs the car vibrates moderately when raising the clutch

When in reverse the car vibrates very badly and feels like the wheels are spinning/struggling

A clear liquid seems to drop from the backbox (no odour)

I've flushed the coolant, topped up the oil, checked all the liquid i can see and they're all fine.

It's about to hit 70k miles

Someone suggested clutch maybe on the way out but better to get fellow ford lovers opinions.

Thanks for any reply.

It does sound like a clutch issue, not sure about the clear liquid all I can think of is water from condensation especially with cold weather 

1 hour ago, Newblet said:

Hello,

I'm new to driving (passed in December) and I'm not very mechanical savy.

I bought a 56 fiesta on 31st December and it's been running fine since then until recently. The issues I'm having are as follows.

I hear a springy noise when dropping the clutch

There is a knocking/rattle noise when the clutch is down

When in first gear at low revs the car vibrates moderately when raising the clutch

When in reverse the car vibrates very badly and feels like the wheels are spinning/struggling

A clear liquid seems to drop from the backbox (no odour)

I've flushed the coolant, topped up the oil, checked all the liquid i can see and they're all fine.

It's about to hit 70k miles

Someone suggested clutch maybe on the way out but better to get fellow ford lovers opinions.

Thanks for any reply.

The 'springy' noise will be just that, the return spring on the clutch peddle, nothing to worry about, where it is connected rubs metal on metal hence the noise!

The clear liquid from the backbox is ok too, it will be condensation/water from the exhaust when cold. When I had my mk6 fiesta it did the same and on taking it back to the garage asking what the liquid dripping out the rear silencer was I was told it's any collected condensation dripping out. Look at some cars in the morning and you will often see water literally pouring out the exhaust pipe!

http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/11315/what-does-a-water-like-drop-coming-out-of-the-exhaust-of-the-car-signify

Thank you both for your speedy replies.

I gathered the spring and water issues were just simple things i just wanted to paint a bigger picture. The vibrations and rattle are the issues I'm afraid of. Trying to do a hill start on even the slightest hill is a bugger, Stalled out twice (uphill).

I gather it's the clutch I'm just curious how long i have until it's gone completely because at the moment funds are a issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club