Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 and 7.5 gear gator

Spanish_Fiesta

Does anyone know if the mk 7.5 gear knob and gator will fit a mk7 ?

Reason I ask is I got some wheels off a scrapped 2012 7.5 zetec at a breakers the other day and noticed it had a nicer gear knob and leather gator than my 2011 pre facelift

Im assuming the knob will fit, Unless the 7.5 has the pull up spring loaded bit under the knob to engage reverse ?

Would the gator and chrome trim around it fit though ?

Thanks, Steve

2 minutes ago, Spanish_Fiesta said:

Does anyone know if the mk 7.5 gear knob and gator will fit a mk7 ?

Reason I ask is I got some wheels off a scrapped 2012 7.5 zetec at a breakers the other day and noticed it had a nicer gear knob and leather gator than my 2011 pre facelift

Im assuming the knob will fit, Unless the 7.5 has the pull up spring loaded bit under the knob to engage reverse ?

Would the gator and chrome trim around it fit though ?

If they will Im going to go back and have them.

Thanks, Steve

Oh well I bought the leather knob attached to the leather gator from the 7.5 and got home excited to fit it but turns out the gator and bottom trim doesnt fit a mk7.

All was not lost though as I fitted the leather knob in place of my old plastic one.

20170323_155032.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, just saw this.  To be honest you can get a much better quality gaiter from eBay for not a lot of money.  Think the company I used for my MK7 was called JF boots (or something along those lines).

12 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

Sorry, just saw this.  To be honest you can get a much better quality gaiter from eBay for not a lot of money.  Think the company I used for my MK7 was called JF boots (or something along those lines).

No probs mate.

It was more the trim I wanted as the one I bought had the chrome trim round the bottom of the gator.

Do you know if there is any companies that make a chrome surround for the mk7 or a chrome surround attached to a leather gator ?

Thanks, Steve

6 hours ago, Spanish_Fiesta said:

No probs mate.

It was more the trim I wanted as the one I bought had the chrome trim round the bottom of the gator.

Do you know if there is any companies that make a chrome surround for the mk7 or a chrome surround attached to a leather gator ?

Thanks, Steve

I can't think of any off-hand, but you night be able to do similar yourself with some self adhesive chrome beading?

Im also Steve!

13 minutes ago, tarbyonline said:

I can't think of any off-hand, but you night be able to do similar yourself with some self adhesive chrome beading?

Im also Steve!

Good name 👍

I might look into the chrome beading, Cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club