Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Want to go a drive Saturday -Good roads in scotland?

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a really good country route to take around scotland on saturday, leaving from edinburgh area. Want to stop off, walk around and grab some food and also want  good fun country roads and views. Any ideas? 

30-60 mins out from Edinburgh doesn't take you very far, round the borders is a good run. Otherwise up to tyndrum and down to Oban is a good run also but you'll need more than an hour lol. 

I would suggest some up here, but they would be over 4 hours away!! :unsure::laugh:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turvey said:

North Coast 500 :wink:

If you can do that in an hour :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Turvey said:

North Coast 500 :wink:

I'll have to do that some day!

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'll have to do that some day!

I fancy doing it sometime as well :smile: Done the Thurso/Wick to Inverness bit many, many times but never ventured west of Inverness! Bit of a disgrace really :blush:

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I fancy doing it sometime as well :smile: Done the Thurso/Wick to Inverness bit many, many times but never ventured west of Inverness! Bit of a disgrace really :blush:

Yeah, neither have I which is equally as disgraceful!  If/when I do it I'd have to take the Rover as there is no way my knee could cope with 500 miles of driving a manual in one day!  The depressing part is that it would take almost a tank and a half of fuel to complete, not including getting to and from Inverness. Worth it though, I bet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yeah, neither have I which is equally as disgraceful!  If/when I do it I'd have to take the Rover as there is no way my knee could cope with 500 miles of driving a manual in one day!  The depressing part is that it would take almost a tank and a half of fuel to complete, not including getting to and from Inverness. Worth it though, I bet.

Wouldn't you want to take your time and enjoy the scenery etc? You would need to take a couple of days to really enjoy it. 

Just now, Turvey said:

Wouldn't you want to take your time and enjoy the scenery etc? You would need to take a couple of days to really enjoy it. 

That's true.  I'm not a fan of B&Bs, but if there was a caravan park somewhere en route I could rent one stop half way for a few days, explore and then continue the journey.  In fact, I don't have an plans for my summer holidays yet so that could well materialise!

16 minutes ago, stef123 said:

I'll be up your way in April Jamie.

Lucky you... :unsure:

Joking aside, there are some nice areas, especially if you are visiting from elsewhere.

Whereabouts are you staying?

We are staying in Dornoch for the weekend. Usually spend most of my time right up north though. 

37 minutes ago, stef123 said:

I'll be up your way in April Jamie.

I'll be down your way in April Jamie :smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

I'll be down your way in April Jamie :smile:

You'll know of Kevin Kirkness?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stef123 said:

I do indeed! Known him for years. Big Ford man! :smile:

I take it you know him because of classic Fords?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do indeed! Known him for years. Big Ford man! :smile:

I take it you know him because of classic Fords?

Nah I picked up/dropped off an engine for him a while back. 3 litre v6 for a Sierra. 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2017 at 5:45 AM, stef123 said:

Only remembered when I went to visit my mum today that Kevin and his family used to live next door to her! :wallbash:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club