Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Black Screen

jamest

Hi all,

So yesterday my sync screen went black, CD is still working as is the voice command from my steering wheel. I have been trying to read up online on what it could be but no joy with any solid information, most searches is coming back from US sites.

I have checked the manual and located the fuse for the display (load compartment fuse box) but the fuses don't seem to marry up, for a start there is no fused in f14. OK I know this would suggest the fuse has magically come out and would explain it but if I'm honest there are so many mismatches with the fuses I'm not convinced this is the right fuse to begin with.

Recently had my starter motor replaced if that makes any difference?

Would appreciate any advice 

Just noticed on my profile says 2018 focus, its a 2013 model

Hi, I have had something like this happen with my kuga.... It's like the software is stuck in a loop.  I gott out of this by pressing voice and giving the cancel command, which freed everything up and restored normality. I hope this might work for you before you have to go into your fusebox!  Best regards, Martin 

The fuse is in the fusebox in the passenger footwell. I've had to pull mine before due to an issue.

If in doubt, take the battery off instead for 30 seconds and reconnect it. That will ensure the unit shuts down.

Thanks Andy, to me that would have made sense considering where the screen is but the user manual says otherwise. Do you know what fuse number it is in the passenger footwell? 

Will try the battery if that fails. Could possibly be a loose connection, would imagine nothing too serious as everything seems to work and just the display?

Sorry to make a dumb suggestion, but you haven't just pressed the Display button by accident have you?

18 hours ago, jamest said:

Thanks Andy, to me that would have made sense considering where the screen is but the user manual says otherwise. Do you know what fuse number it is in the passenger footwell? 

Will try the battery if that fails. Could possibly be a loose connection, would imagine nothing too serious as everything seems to work and just the display?

Sounds like you're reading the wrong manual! I had to use the manual to find mine! Can't remember off the top of my head, but I'll have a look tonight when I get home!

5 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

Sorry to make a dumb suggestion, but you haven't just pressed the Display button by accident have you?

This doesn't disable it permanently. It will come back on when the doors are opened, or car is restarted. 

The online manual for 2015 onwards says...

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Index?bookcode=O31161&marketCode=GB&languageCode=EN&VIN=&div=f

F67  7.5A  SYNC module.  Global positioning system module.  Information and entertainment display. 

DONT pull the battery on the Mk3 or above, expressly says NOT to in the user manual as it resets all the voltage and battery condition history and monitoring and causes a few issues. Should only ever be done when replacing a battery and there is a proceedure that needs to be done to reset the monitors then

Pulling a fuse will work just as well

i didn't realise there was a display button.... but when the car is locked and reopened it still doesn't come on. 

Its a 2013 model but I will check the 2015 manual. Nothing seems to marry up...

The guy who replaced my starter motor did say I might need a new battery as it wasn't reaching the correct voltage (12?). But everything has been fine for two weeks wouldn't think just the display would go? 

Off to to check the manual now 

f67 - completely different to my manual! Would make sense to be in the passenger footwell. Off to check now, will let you know 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club