Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timeing belt kit

sonic113

does anybody know what make timing belt kit ford use and how much roughly it would be. I need the whole kit with the water pump included. also is there anywhere online that does teh same quality kit but maybe better prices than my local ford dealer? I'm only looking the kit and plan to install myself.I have been trying to get this done for a while now but with the family the car was always in use so now over easter I plan to get it fitted as kids will be off school ect so the focus can rest up for a few days lol!

Thanks

Sonic

I'd hazard a guess at Gates. ECP do gates kits for reasonable money. Just bought a kit for a Zetec engine last week for under £40 for a Gates kit will all parts required. Genuine water pump was just under £100 with gasket. I'd recommend changing the bolts too as they seem pretty cheap - I had one twist and snap under virtually no pressure. Some places selling the genuine pumps come with bolts it would seem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stef123 said:

I'd hazard a guess at Gates. ECP do gates kits for reasonable money. Just bought a kit for a Zetec engine last week for under £40 for a Gates kit will all parts required. Genuine water pump was just under £100 with gasket. I'd recommend changing the bolts too as they seem pretty cheap - I had one twist and snap under virtually no pressure. Some places selling the genuine pumps come with bolts it would seem.

Thanks for the reply.

yeah I think i will just replace all bolts as well when im at it. (water pump bolts and both cam bolts and the crank bolt maybe).

have you any links for the gates kits?

Thanks again,

What engine have you got again?

Just put your reg in on euro car parts.. Now there's a funny twist with the timing kits. Both gates kits use the same belt but different tensioners (1.25/1.4/1.6 engines) but also one kit has the crank bolt and cam shaft bolts, where as the other only has the crank bolt. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2017 at 9:47 PM, stef123 said:

What engine have you got again?

Just put your reg in on euro car parts.. Now there's a funny twist with the timing kits. Both gates kits use the same belt but different tensioners (1.25/1.4/1.6 engines) but also one kit has the crank bolt and cam shaft bolts, where as the other only has the crank bolt. 

I have the MK.2.5 1.6 Zetec petrol engine just the standard one not the Variable valve timing one.

I will have a look on euro parts and see what kits they have,

Thanks

Have you got the locking tools to do the job?

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Have you got the locking tools to do the job?

Hi Ian

yes I collected them up over the last few months but with family things I never got a round to getting the actual belt kit/water pump and fitting so I have all the tools just need the kit now and then hoping to get it down over easter.

• Like 1

I have the same car and mine will need doing this year as it is an 09 plate with 59,000 miles.

I think I will get the kit and pay someone to fit it for me as I am not confident enough to fit it myself.

Please let me know what kit you go for and how much for it all.

Cheers

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sonic113 said:

Hi Ian

yes I collected them up over the last few months but with family things I never got a round to getting the actual belt kit/water pump and fitting so I have all the tools just need the kit now and then hoping to get it down over easter.

I can vaguely recall you giving the link before to all the tools you either had bought or were going to buy. Did i also email you some pics? 

• Like 1

Hey guys. Just wondering which timing belt kit I'll need for my car? Mines a 1.6 petrol, so I was wondering which I'll need from Eurocarparts (They have a few different ones)

1 hour ago, Paddy94 said:

Hey guys. Just wondering which timing belt kit I'll need for my car? Mines a 1.6 petrol, so I was wondering which I'll need from Eurocarparts (They have a few different ones)

you will need to see which tensioner you have fitted, generally I buy both kits and return one. 

20 hours ago, stef123 said:

I can vaguely recall you giving the link before to all the tools you either had bought or were going to buy. Did i also email you some pics? 

Yes Stefan you did indeed. I got all the tools I needed for the job including the flywheel locking tool as it might make things a little handier, I just need to get the belt kit/waterpump now and get all installed. so just looking for best prices ect to see what comes up. Also I might drop you a message from time to time for some help on the procedure if i get stuck or not sure about anything, only if you don't mind the hassle Stefan, Other than that I think Im good to go just get the kit and then hope for a sunny day over easter lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonic113 said:

Yes Stefan you did indeed. I got all the tools I needed for the job including the flywheel locking tool as it might make things a little handier, I just need to get the belt kit/waterpump now and get all installed. so just looking for best prices ect to see what comes up. Also I might drop you a message from time to time for some help on the procedure if i get stuck or not sure about anything, only if you don't mind the hassle Stefan, Other than that I think Im good to go just get the kit and then hope for a sunny day over easter lol!

Just mind the biscuits lol (for me)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

you and your bisciuts again !!!

Chocolate hob nobs Ian, come on now you must like them?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stef123 said:

Chocolate hob nobs Ian, come on now you must like them?

3 hours ago, iantt said:

you and your bisciuts again !!!

who doesn't love chocolate Hob nobs. :smile: I may get down the shops and stock up lol!

• 3 months later...

Hey Stefan

finally getting around to buying the belt it for the car, I priced with ford this AM and quoted me £126.73+vat foir the belt kit anf then £91.71+vat for the water pump. I think the guy made a balls up though as I asked for the part Numbers and when I looked them up even on ford parts uk  the pump seems to be included in that kit.

The parts Numbers he give me are:

Timing Belt Kit 1780142

Water Pump 1778516

I think the TB kit includes the water pump. what else do I need for this? I think a new crank bolt and two crank pulley bolts as well or do we reuse the old ones?

Thanks

You'll need a new crank bolt and 2 new cam bolts. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sonic113 said:

Hey Stefan

finally getting around to buying the belt it for the car, I priced with ford this AM and quoted me £126.73+vat foir the belt kit anf then £91.71+vat for the water pump. I think the guy made a balls up though as I asked for the part Numbers and when I looked them up even on ford parts uk  the pump seems to be included in that kit.

The parts Numbers he give me are:

Timing Belt Kit 1780142

Water Pump 1778516

I think the TB kit includes the water pump. what else do I need for this? I think a new crank bolt and two crank pulley bolts as well or do we reuse the old ones?

Thanks

i was charged £88 for the cambelt kit and £104  for the waterpump  ( + VAT )  at a ford dealers just 2 weeks ago , and have the same year / engine as yours.

pump always sold as a seperate item.

• Like 1

i was charged £88 for the cambelt kit and £104  for the waterpump  ( + VAT )  at a ford dealers just 2 weeks ago , and have the same year / engine as yours.

pump always sold as a seperate item.

Pete thats pretty good price, I rechecked at two different branches today and the price was the same on so maybe prices went up im not sure,

@Steph123

stefan, Yes i will order from local ford two new cam bolts and a new crank bolt as well. I looked online with the part number I got from for for the timing kit and cam across these three listings:

1) Ford Genuine Timing belt kit 1780142 Link 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Ford-Timing-Belt-Kit-Water-Pump-Timing-Belt-1780142-1-25-1-4-1-6-/401242291945?epid=0&hash=item5d6be77ee9:g:I3AAAOSw37tWCl6l

2) Ford Genuine Timing belt kit 1780142 Link 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Timing-Belt-Kit-Water-Pump-1-25-1-4-1-6-16V-PETROL-MOTOR-1780142-/172741615428?hash=item283833df44:g:PVsAAOSwFqNZQRBW

3) Gates Timing belt kit KP1566PXS (replaces 1780142) Link 3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gates-Timing-Cam-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit-KP15669XS-FIESTA-FUSION-1-4-1-6-2005-08-/401299294365?epid=1487963986&hash=item5d6f4d489d:g:bncAAOSwc-tY247s

they all look like the parst I require and a lot less than what ford where charging me for them, what you think yourself? I was thinking of buying the one from LINK 1 then getting the crank bolt/2 cam bolts and then I should have all to start the job.

link 1 is a great deal -  under100 quid for both inc international delivery

looks kosher too , my new cambelt has the exact same markings

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, biff55 said:

link 1 is a great deal -  under100 quid for both inc international delivery

looks kosher too , my new cambelt has the exact same markings

yeah pete I thought so myself. I think id be mad not to get this at that price to be honest. the part numbers match and if the markings are the same as yours then I think i will get and just wait for it to come. according to fordparts uk the 1780142 Kit Includes:
.1778516 Water Pump & Gasket
.1672144 Timing Belt Kit (contains Tensioner and Bolt) 

you wouldnt have any part numbers to hand just to see what if they match yours? I think they will be 100% but just checking. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club