Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2013 1.0 ecoboost probelm

lewis_blt

Hi Im new to this and dont really know about cars that why i have signed up to try and solve this problem.

Yestarday i filled up my tank and as the evening went on my car started to lose power in gears 4 5 6 and also pulling very slow in the other gear, it felt like someone had just taken the turbo out, i have rang ford and was told i need a diagostics test but read other forum with people staying that ford saying there was no problem. My car wont go over 65mph and wont go over 3rpm even if i have my foot right down. There is no warning light etc i really dont! I read another forum before saying his focus went in to limp mode after 2 days of hot weather and the last 2 days it has been 16+ here which is hot for the area. Also i have seen articles on the Shell station saying the fuel is rubbish so thinking it could be a fuel fliter. Please can anyone expand my knowledge on what i already know. Cheers

Sounds like u may have a split turbo hose 

need a code reader plugged in to see if there are are any dtc's showing to indicate where the fault could be. as for fuel filter there isnt one as such, only a filter inside the tank which is part of the fuel pump.

I think a lot of new cars have the filter inside the tank. Not a good idea if you ask me.

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 MK3/MK3.5 Petrol versions do not have a changeable fuel filter. There is only a strainer (with relative large mesh) inside the fuel tank at the inlet side of the fuel pump. This strainer is part of the fuel pump assembly and is not available as a spare part. There also is no changing interval for this part. The strainer should last the entire life of the car.

The lack of a changeable fuel filter is no problem. I never had (or heard of) fuel filter problems on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 MK3/MK3.5 Petrol versions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club