Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Code on a 1L Ecoboost

MJNewton

Can anyone tell me where I'd find the engine code (SFJA, SFJB etc) on a 1L Ecoboost?

It's stamped on somewhere on the front. Can't remember exactly where 

Here is a graph explaining which codes are which 

Screenshot_20170327-221732.png

• Like 1

Thanks Kieran - that's definitely narrowed it down to SFJA or SFJB. Will have a route round tomorrow.

• Like 1

Apologies for the delayed follow-up... I had a scout around the engine/bay today and still haven't found any engine code...

I'm changing the oil soon so will see if there's anything visible from underneath then.

why do you want to know?

• Like 1

I was thinking of buying a spare to play around with and so wanted what I knew would be a straight swap should I ever require/desire to.

I have an engine with low compression on C1 M1JE you can have it for postage price haha 

Are you serious? If so, I am definitely interested! (And would be happy to pay more than courier costs)

• Like 1

I forgot to ask the obvious question Kieran; how did you determine what engine type you had?

kieran knew from the power output, 125 then there were 2 options , stage v or stage vi emmisions, emmisions stage was found via etis. and i gave him the list of engine codes as per the image earlier in this thread. 

• Like 1

Ah okay, thanks. I can only narrow it down to SFJA or SFJB via that method.

As above, Ian gave me the information I needed 

Yeah you're welcome to it. It's on a pallet dry at the minute, you're welcome to it. The postcode is YO15 3DJ if you want to get a postal price :) 

Bare engine, no ancillaries/turbo etc 

Apologies for the apparent silence Kieran; I didn't get a notification of your reply!

Since we last spoke I've actually managed to pick up another engine up from eBay. With a purported 20k miles and still with most ancillaries (incl. the turbo) it cost the princely sum of 99p! The seller didn't know the history of it and it seems that his honesty led to no one bar me bidding!

My original plan was to strip it down to learn how it's designed/built but having spoken to him about its provenance I think it probably is a runner. For 99p though I can't really go wrong no matter what I do with it so maybe I'll take it apart anyway... :wink:

IMG_4149.JPG

• Like 1

That's an absolute bargain.. What's the engine code? I wish I'd have seen it instead of paying £7500 😂😂

the sticker on the front should say what engine code it is

• Like 1

It's code is M2DA (from a Focus I believe). Speaking of codes, bringing the thread full circle here's a photo of its location for the sake of the archives:

ecoboostenginecode.jpg

Looking at mine again I can see now that it's SFJA. The surface rust had made it look like the plate was smooth but with some wire wool and a torch shone at an angle I could just about make it out!

• Like 1

focus it is , 100hp variant with 10.1 compression ratio

• Like 2

Thanks for that Ian. I take it this ought to be a straight swap with mine were I ever to need it?

• 2 years later...

@GingerFlame Would it be possible to provide a similar diagram for the 1.25 fiesta petrol engines? Fitting the MK7 models (2009-2017). Would be really appreciated.

so does anybody know what could be the difference between SFJA and SFJB for instance ? since both are stage V , and both are 100ps ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club