Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to disable parking sensors?

roblam

Hi, anyone know how to disable the front parking sensors on a 2010 Fiesta? I have front and rear sensors but the front ones have packed up, and I'd like to just disable them so I can still use the rear ones rather than the whole system beeping at me 'cos of the problem with the fronts.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rob 

You can't.

You can disconnect the PDC module and loose all parking sensors. Replace the module for the basic one, just for the rear sensors. Or fix the front ones.
What is wrong with the front sensors? A bad sensor is secondhand not that expensive.

Hey Harry,

Ta very much for the reply. There's no problems with the front sensors themselves - I've tested each one independently and they each work fine, but there seems to be  a problem with the wiring to the front left sensor, so that the whole system refuses to work and now just gives me an error tone and a flashing light in the button on the dash when reverse is engaged.

Tracing the fault would, I assume, mean knowing what voltage readings I should be getting at the PDC module - any idea what I should be looking for?

Cheers,

Rob    

Is this something that Forscan might be able to disable? Given that factory-fit rear sensors (only) were an option it must be a configurable option to enable (and therefore disable, if desired) the front sensors (if fitted) as opposed to having to swap out the BCM.

Wiring problems are very difficult to find without all the information from the system. Ford has the information, but unfortunately they will not give it too you. So I think you need to pay the Ford dealer a visit. If you do not want that, you need the check the complete wiring harness. Starting at your front bumper, check al the connectors, etc. a lot of work if you ask me.

The PDC system of a MK7 is not connected to the BCM or canbus system. It all works analog, it gets its power from the reverse light or (in case of front PDC) the button on the dash. Very old fashioned, but it works.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Looking again, I've found a very small (2mm) area where the insulation has been stripped from one of the wires to the front left sensor, so it's down to bare wire, though the wire itself looks intact. I did a quick fix wrapping it with some insulating tape but still have the same problem afterwards - not sure if I might need a more permanent fix (e.g. replace that bit of wire), or just a red herring?

Was very much hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer, but guess I may have to...  

• 5 years later...

I have problem  with the ford fiesta  parking  sensor  activation  button  its always blinking. 

Can anyone   guide me 

1 hour ago, Khan12 said:

I have problem  with the ford fiesta  parking  sensor  activation  button  its always blinking. 

Can anyone   guide me

The flashing light is to warn you that one of the sensors is faulty and not working correctly. For safety the parking sensor system has been inhibited until the faulty sensor is replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club