Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'03 StreetKa Luxury Door Seal Leak

Drummer85

Hi folks,

Well, we just had an enormous downpour where I am and my poor car... there's a split in the back window, which I was worried about, but there's only a tiny puddle on the 'parcel shelf' area, so it's fine. The driver's door, however... while sitting in it, it was a torrent coming through where the window doesn't meet the seal. I've heard wind noise since I got it but couldn't locate it as it doesn't cause a draft, but now I've found the problem area with the water.

I've had the seal off and put it all back on, it is as 'on' as it can be, so it seems to be one of three issues, as far as I can tell:

Either the door is misaligned, the window is misaligned or the seal has been flattened, allowing for the gap.

I have no other door issues, however, I have noticed that the seal running along the bottom of this window keeps pulling up slightly when the window is wound up. Could these two issues be a sign of a misaligned window?

If it's not the door or window, it must be the seal, as the roof seems absolutely fine, so I'm not even considering that as a potential problem. So, if it is the seal, how would I go about finding a remedy for my situation, please?

Thanks.

hi mate

at the top of door where roof and seal is. can slide a thin peice of tubing in to buff it out slightly, if the window has dropped it can be raised slightly but this is a little more tricky.

hope this helps

Ok, I'll give it a go, thanks. Yeah, I'd like a more long-term fix, but I'm going to be getting a garage soon and, hopefully, the UK will have marginally fewer downpours in the summer than it does in the other seasons. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all , I got a streetka 05 every time it rains I get a puddle in the foot well on the passenger side ? Can I renew the seal without changing the soft top roof ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club