Do Not Sell My Personal Information

technology driving me mad

NeilRS

Just a bit of a vent and to ask if my issues are shared with anyone else.

1. I frequently am not able to switch the radio on when I set off to work using the big silver button. The only way to do it is to go into the music screen, press source, then press radio. pain.

2. 5 times out of 10 my phone does connect to the system

3. on my 1 hour commute this morning- the nav screen said 'map loading' for the entire journey. No nav at all.  It also wouldn't connect to my phone for the whole journey.

i know these are 'luxury' items and you don't really need them- but they should work

Also started to notice the fuel slosh- once you've heard it once you can't stop!

4 minutes ago, NeilRS said:

1. I frequently am not able to switch the radio on when I set off to work using the big silver button. The only way to do it is to go into the music screen, press source, then press radio. pain.

3. on my 1 hour commute this morning- the nav screen said 'map loading' for the entire journey. No nav at all.  It also wouldn't connect to my phone for the whole journey.

i know these are 'luxury' items and you don't really need them- but they should work

Also started to notice the fuel slosh- once you've heard it once you can't stop!

The most annoying thing for me are those stupid red lights on the dash when you get close to another car ! But on the Motorway at night with the the CIA's BMW's and Berks in Mercs cutting into your safety space they are continually on blinding you. I have turned the sensitivity down low and applied black PVC tape over them problem solved FORD ARE YOU READING THIS ! REMOVE THOSE DAM LIGHTS NOW THEY ARE A STUPID IDEA.

I know what you mean re the Sync 3 system. Mine has its quirks too. At least we can hold out hope for software updates ...

1 hour ago, Killer said:

The most annoying thing for me are those stupid red lights on the dash when you get close to another car ! But on the Motorway at night with the the CIA's BMW's and Berks in Mercs cutting into your safety space they are continually on blinding you. I have turned the sensitivity down low and applied black PVC tape over them problem solved FORD ARE YOU READING THIS ! REMOVE THOSE DAM LIGHTS NOW THEY ARE A STUPID IDEA.

I must be one of the few that think this is a brilliant idea. :)

You don't need lights on your dash to tell you someone has entered your braking zone or that you are up the chuff of the car in front though. Too many distracting things going on inside the Car's nowadays

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, NeilRS said:

1.  Once only the radio didn't come on line (I couldn't select the audio button either).  Quick down-power/re-power (a term we use in aviation when dealing with aircraft software!) and has worked every time since.

2.   Never suffered this, yet.

3.   A couple of times I got this for about 1 min then all ok.

If it persists I'd see if Ford can reload the software as that is what is driving the functionality.

Fuel Slosh - I only notice it when the tank is on or very nearly 1/4 full.  At all other times, no fuel sloshing.  Turn up the radio (if it comes online)

The only real issue I have noticed, and only once, was condensation inside the rear right light lense on the tailgate.  It has cleared but I will keep an eye open to see if it is a recurring issue.

Jim

15 minutes ago, Jim610 said:

The only real issue I have noticed, and only once, was condensation inside the rear right light lense on the tailgate.  It has cleared but I will keep an eye open to see if it is a recurring issue.

Jim

I get some condensation in the rear lens from time to time which does clear up pretty quickly but I saw this in the manual under "Lighting"..........

General Information

Condensation in the Exterior Front Lamps and Rear Lamps
Exterior front lamps and rear lamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure.
Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation.
Clearing time may take as long as 48 hours under dry weather conditions.
Examples of acceptable condensation are:
  • The presence of a fine mist (no streaks, drip marks or large droplets).
  • A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.
Examples of unacceptable condensation are:
  • A water puddle inside the lamp.
  • Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens.
If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized dealer.

4 hours ago, kelvin1950 said:

You obviously dont drive on Motorways much in the dark in rush hour with it raining ! I avaerage 600 - 1000 miles a week in these conditions and it is a distracting stupid idea from Ford.

Thanks folks- checked it at lunchtime and normal service has been resumed.  Annoying though.

The red lights are a pain- especially when their activation is usually someone elses fault (cutting in front), but I don't find them too bad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Killer said:

You obviously dont drive on Motorways much in the dark in rush hour with it raining ! I avaerage 600 - 1000 miles a week in these conditions and it is a distracting stupid idea from Ford.

I've cured this problem and many others by swapping my Edge for a Mondeo ST. 😀

(Sorry, unhelpful I know) 

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Too many distracting things going on inside the Car's nowadays

Which is why they are useful.

4 minutes ago, kelvin1950 said:

Rubbish !

2 hours ago, Yetiman65 said:

Condensation in the Exterior Front Lamps and Rear Lamps

Examples of acceptable condensation are:
  • The presence of a fine mist (no streaks, drip marks or large droplets).
  • A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.
Examples of unacceptable condensation are:
  • A water puddle inside the lamp.
  • Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens.
If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized dealer.

Which category would you class this as?

It depends what they class as large droplets I suppose!

20170327_181537.jpg

34 minutes ago, Killer said:

Rubbish !

Are you always this rude to total strangers or have I done something to offend you?

He's just salty over his bad example of the edge I wouldn't worry about it. 

I agree the lights on the dash are abit of a pain but can't say they bother me that much. Also have fuel sloshing from time to time but again I guess I'm too laid back to care too much. 

Over all I feel the car is nice with a few niggles that I can live with. 

2 hours ago, Killer said:

Not any more mate, I'm retired. Your mileage boast isn't something I'm unfamiliar with though, my norm was 100,000 every two years (car change time). Clearly I have learnt nothing about driving in 50 years and you're obviously an expert.

Might I ask that, if you wish to be a keyboard warrior and score points off people, you don't use me as your target?

Have a nice day, I'm sitting in the pub. ;)

• Like 3

The distracting things inside the car are the flashing lights, not anything else

I just don't like things flashing inside the car, I even cover the tiny flashing LED on my dashcam lol

16 hours ago, kelvin1950 said:

Not any more mate, I'm retired. Your mileage boast isn't something I'm unfamiliar with though, my norm was 100,000 every two years (car change time). Clearly I have learnt nothing about driving in 50 years and you're obviously an expert.

Might I ask that, if you wish to be a keyboard warrior and score points off people, you don't use me as your target?

Have a nice day, I'm sitting in the pub. ;)

Sorry that some of you litte snowflakes have got upset but we have a compulsory Eye Test and Driver appraisal every 3 years and I have advanced driving on both 4 & 2 wheels. We are tought not to rely on electronic gadgets and drive to the Police Advanced Trainig hand book by ex police instructors. We are dumbing down driving relying on gadgets to get you out of the crap rather than advanced driving preventing the situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Killer said:

Sorry that some of you litte snowflakes have got upset but we have a compulsory Eye Test and Driver appraisal every 3 years and I have advanced driving on both 4 & 2 wheels. We are tought not to rely on electronic gadgets and drive to the Police Advanced Trainig hand book by ex police instructors. We are dumbing down driving relying on gadgets to get you out of the crap rather than advanced driving preventing the situation.

Further to this every one should have a driver appraisal every 5 years and a compulsory eye test. May I remind you that a ' proffessional Driver' recently killed a young girl whilst he was texting ! No excuse whatever mileage you drive.

Further to this every one should have a driver appraisal every 5 years and a compulsory eye test. May I remind you that a ' proffessional Driver' recently killed a young girl whilst he was texting ! No excuse whatever mileage you drive.

A driving appraisal or sight test would not have changed what happened when that complete tool picked up his phone to text

Just because a driver breaks the limit, does something else stupid and dangerous, doesn't mean he/she can't drive properly. Just not at that instant.

Would make sure we still know the correct way to do things though.

Blimey- this escalated quickly. Must have missed whoever suggested anyone was relying on the red lights to stop them crashing. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Blimey- this escalated quickly. Must have missed whoever suggested anyone was relying on the red lights to stop them crashing. 

My fault I'm afraid, I merely said that I thought they were a good idea and then all hell let loose.

On 4/1/2017 at 10:02 AM, Killer said:

Wow! Should I be impressed, or just bend the knee? You're really something, aren't you?

1 hour ago, kelvin1950 said:

Wow! Should I be impressed, or just bend the knee? You're really something, aren't you?

Cannot you see, he is Killer... so perhaps 008? or 009? But than I wonder why he is after Edge not Aston Martin...

And I'm sure "Q" can fix that little issue for him.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club