Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turboing a 1.25 z-tec S.

spitfire123

OK, serious now...

could buy a mk4 1.25 for 500quid, in good nick...sold one recently for that...lets say 700 for lower milllage.

Suspension and brake upgrades 500.

Engine upgrades inc turbo 800 (not including con rods/compression change)

Labour for rest of work, including weight reduction, roll cage (200 max materials).

Lightweight wheels/tyres 500 MAX!

With the right connections, they could be the prices...

so not including labour (me n best bud Ford nut), I cud get that Festa sorted for 2700...not 20k.

Now we all know it won't be WORTH that...as any mod doesnt really increase value...but it be rather special...rather quick and i rekon be quicker round track than a ST fiesta!

(in fact, we gota mk4 Shell stripped ready for something special...if spitfire don't do it...I wana try next summer...mmmm!!!)

Thanks for the info,

i only thought of the idea because there are no phisical diffrances between the turbos.

the most common petrol turbos are 2.0 + which is way to big for my engine to spool...would you agree?

cheers

YES, defo...blow up straight away PLUS HUGE lag!!!

want lil turbo.

Wouldnt be a bad idea looking into it though...get a cheap older TD turbo...look out for a written off low millage car!!

eBay it...

for instance, budget job....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/peugeot-406-xantia-8...5d#ht_500wt_975

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA-LS-TD...2c#ht_790wt_958

or a BMW

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-318-TURBO-DI...14#ht_720wt_732

just lower the boost!

not that expensive to buy and see fitment, have a fiddle!!

would u not b better off lookin for a fiat turbo as they are off small engines aint they :/

and if your guna goo crazy just get www.turboneticsinc.com make you one haha

..and shall we talk about insuring this super dooper 1.4 Fiesta killer.

And when it's all done he can say, crikey, I could have bought a Focus ST with the money I've wasted. :lol:

but any chav can buy a ST :P

bet I could make a 1.25 turbo go faster round a track than a ST for same money! ;)

OK, serious now...

could buy a mk4 1.25 for 500quid, in good nick...sold one recently for that...lets say 700 for lower milllage.

Suspension and brake upgrades 500.

Engine upgrades inc turbo 800 (not including con rods/compression change)

Labour for rest of work, including weight reduction, roll cage (200 max materials).

Lightweight wheels/tyres 500 MAX!

With the right connections, they could be the prices...

so not including labour (me n best bud Ford nut), I cud get that Festa sorted for 2700...not 20k.

Now we all know it won't be WORTH that...as any mod doesnt really increase value...but it be rather special...rather quick and i rekon be quicker round track than a ST fiesta!

(in fact, we gota mk4 shell stripped ready for something special...if spitfire don't do it...I wana try next summer...mmmm!!!)

Back tracking already, I said a FOCUS ST. :P

would u not b better off lookin for a fiat turbo as they are off small engines aint they :/

and if your guna goo crazy just get www.turboneticsinc.com make you one haha

think he mentioned the fiat turbo...they getting rare though now...

what about this spitfire???...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eaton-Supercharger_W...2f#ht_500wt_975

its me best bud selling this...no need to mod the exhaust with this...just need to find a pulley, mount, and make a couple plates up...don't have to, but could intercool it too :)

its me best bud selling this...no need to mod the exhaust with this...just need to find a pulley, mount, and make a couple plates up...don't have to, but could intercool it too :)

yea i was looking at chargers but they are quite abit more to have and to be honest that just wouldent fit under the bonnet as the engine sits so tall awayway.

as for the turbo that corsa 1.5 diesel one looks ideal....ive also got my eye on a reno 5 1.4 turbo.

another question for you lot:

im going to re-locate my battery to the boot and obviosly i dont nee dthe airbox anymore...so that will clear alot of space to the N/S of the engine bay so theriecticly i could make a pipe say 800mm long off the manafold and have the turbo along side the engine in the engine bay? not just on the manafold as its extreamly tight down there.

could this work or would it be to far away form the exhaust ports?

cheers

TBH i dont no much about superchargers....

What is the power increase like on them? do they suffer with lag like turbos?

would i run a pully attachment of a drive belt for one? it seems to me it would be a damm sight easyer to supercharge it as you say i wouldent have to chop about the exhaust system.

and would i have to lower the compression more/less than a turbo?

its just if i have the space in the engine pay on the O/S.

chars

should have the space...have a look...it is only a 1.25.

yea, would run off the aux belt.

No lag :)

very good power increase, often easier to tune/remap as its a smooth delivery :)

great sound too!

not sure on compression etc...again do some research....I never personally supercharged something...but will do next year if me mate don't sell his charger!! :lol:

should have the space...have a look...it is only a 1.25.

yea, would run off the aux belt.

No lag :)

very good power increase, often easier to tune/remap as its a smooth delivery :)

great sound too!

not sure on compression etc...again do some research....I never personally supercharged something...but will do next year if me mate don't sell his charger!! :lol:

i see,

tbh there isnt alot of room on that side even if it is a 1.25.

you mate wouldent happen to have the dimensions of the charger would he? length ,width, depth?

would be gr8...it looks big in the pic though.

i was just looking on youtube....and came across this.

now i no its a 2.0l ST but the princables are the same:

now the way he has done it (or someone else?) the turbo unit sits realy low at the back of the engine and as someone said in the u-tube coments that would suck water in...but it must of been uncredable easy to attach the exhaust system to and evything!

i think i could do it this way and where he hasnt got a filter on it (for one reason or another :lol: ) i could use a bit of silicon hose and use a big K&N through the engine bay thus keeping the water out? am i correct?

cheers

To be honest I think your underestimating how easy and cheap this will be mate. For a starters a simple £300 remap isn't going to do the job. Your going to need a stand alone ecu, then someone who actually knows what there doing to create the engine management map from scratch for you, your looking at well in excess of £1000 just there. Then you'll need custom piping created, and I doubt the manifold is going to work either. Also have you Thought about an intercooler etc?

You might be better off looking at n/a mods first. Full exhaust system (including manifold) from milltek, better pannel filter, more agressive cams etc.

To be honest I think your underestimating how easy and cheap this will be mate. For a starters a simple £300 remap isn't going to do the job. Your going to need a stand alone ecu, then someone who actually knows what there doing to create the engine management map from scratch for you, your looking at well in excess of £1000 just there. Then you'll need custom piping created, and I doubt the manifold is going to work either. Also have you Thought about an intercooler etc?

You might be better off looking at n/a mods first. Full exhaust system (including manifold) from milltek, better pannel filter, more agressive cams etc.

hi,

as regards to the re-mapping i thought they took the standerd ecu and played about with the fuel mixture through the rev range, to accomidate the turbo?

what would i get if i shove dthe turbo on it and got a 'simple' re-map as you say? (2 head gaskets etc)... to lower the comp ratio.

cheers

i do see what you mean abiout not putting the turbo on.

just looking at 'jam speed' on one of there eBay adds and they offer a head skimming service..which i think would give a bit of popower increase.

if the compression ratio is allready at 10:1 what could i go up to safly so i get the resonse and power?

14:1 or is that to much? and im guessing thats what 2mm off the head?

Im now talking about without a turbo.

they do it for a reasonable £45.+del

With regard to mapping, it's not just fuelling, I think you also need something to control boost, the stock ecu may not be capable of doing so. Even if it was capable you will need custom mapping from someone who knows how to set a turbo conversion up properly, which is more expensive and complicated than remapping a standard engine. And I dont have a clue about the compression ratio sorry buddy.

With regard to mapping, it's not just fuelling, I think you also need something to control boost, the stock ecu may not be capable of doing so. Even if it was capable you will need custom mapping from someone who knows how to set a turbo conversion up properly, which is more expensive and complicated than remapping a standard engine. And I dont have a clue about the compression ratio sorry buddy.

hi mate,

i just e-mailed some firm on the web and they dont want to touch and just re-map the ecu without a tubro as it is now :lol: aparantly there verry hard to do as they use a varioty of bords etc..

so no chance with the turbo.

maby it is a skim head/ basic re-map job then?

as long as it breaks 100bhp ill be happy.

only what 19hp-20hp extra isit?

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club