Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the rear door speaker wiring? 2005 Focus 1.4

Chris W

Ok, I accept that I am probably going to get stick for this seemingly ridiculous question but not having worked on car wiring at all for 25 years I'm going to ask anyway :-)

I had a new (non standard Kenwood) radio fitted (a year ago) by Halfords and i'm sure the guy showed me the extra wire connectors (behind the dash) to fit for the rear Speakers. He told me that this model did not actually have rear Speakers. though but I assumed that the wires had been run to the rear doors. 

I've just taken the rear offside door panel off and the only wires within the rear door seem to be for the central locking. I would have thought that even if the car did not have Speakers, but other models did,  then the loom would at least have the cables and connectors fitted anyway?

Surely I don't have to cut into these wires or run new wires to the dash??

I have attached photos of the wires, the label on the wires and the chassis plate, I hope this helps.

Thanks very much for any info you can give

Regards

Chris

wires.jpg

wires label.jpg

chassis_plate.jpg

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Chris W said:

Ok, I accept that I am probably going to get stick for this seemingly ridiculous question but not having worked on car wiring at all for 25 years I'm going to ask anyway :-)

I had a new (non standard Kenwood) radio fitted (a year ago) by Halfords and i'm sure the guy showed me the extra wire connectors (behind the dash) to fit for the rear speakers. He told me that this model did not actually have rear speakers. though but I assumed that the wires had been run to the rear doors. 

I've just taken the rear offside door panel off and the only wires within the rear door seem to be for the central locking. I would have thought that even if the car did not have speakers, but other models did,  then the loom would at least have the cables and connectors fitted anyway?

Surely I don't have to cut into these wires or run new wires to the dash??

I have attached photos of the wires, the label on the wires and the chassis plate, I hope this helps.

Thanks very much for any info you can give

Regards

Chris

wires.jpg

wires label.jpg

chassis_plate.jpg

Hi,

Please excuse the arrows in the image as they are there to outline the fine details of an undercover police vehicle but I'm using this image to ask you; does your focus look like this model 

5462644152_2dc971d41d_z_zpssol384dj_edit

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Hi,

Please excuse the arrows in the image as they are there to outline the fine details of an undercover police vehicle but I'm using this image to ask you; does your focus look like this model 

5462644152_2dc971d41d_z_zpssol384dj_edit

I see the police have finally caught up with you Lenny 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

I see the police have finally caught up with you Lenny 😉

Huge fan of my mods 👍

Hi Lenny,

Thanks for replying. Sorry for the delay  but I wanted to photograph the car for you and it's been out all day.

Please see the attached photo.

Regards

Chris

focus front.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chris W said:

Hi Lenny,

Thanks for replying. Sorry for the delay  but I wanted to photograph the car for you and it's been out all day.

Please see the attached photo.

Regards

Chris

focus front.jpg

I've rewired my full speaker system fitted two amps and a10"sub so ive got an archive of pictures to include images of the rear speaker wires there on socket inside the rear footwells under the carpet, I will show the images when photobucket starts working again as I'm currently having some difficulties with the app.

I've also got the Haynes manual which helped me diagnose the correct cables to be for the Speakers.

I'll get back to you soon most likely tomorrow as I'm working nights this week and been awake since 17:00 yesterday so I'm off to sleep now but I'll get back to you soon I can help you out also you need aftermarket speaker adaptors and some 6.5" Speakers either coaxial Speakers or component speakers the choice is yours.

heres some of my guides you may find of interest and I'll be back with those images.

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Guide Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here  

Superb Lenny, thanks very much.

I already have the Speakers and adaptors and will have a look in the footwells this evening and let you know how I get on

Regards

Chris

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris W said:

Superb Lenny, thanks very much.

I already have the speakers and adaptors and will have a look in the footwells this evening and let you know how I get on

Regards

Chris

If your in a hurry the pictures of the cables are on my build thread here mate 

If you go to the last page of the build and work your way backwards through it, you will find the relevant section where the car is entirely stripped inside and I have the exact cables your looking for in my hands which I cut and crimped spade connectors on to them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club