Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best DTC Code Reading Kit

Steve 1262

Hi.

Been out of the motor trade now for a number of years so lost the plot a bit re OBD test gear and was wondering what is the best kit to own for reading the codes on my 2011 keyless entry Titanium.

Don't really need it to be top of the range stuff but would like it to do the job and not leave codes hidden leading to confusion, can be stand alone or laptop software and interface.

Cheers Guys.

Forscan and a modified ELM 327 device will do pretty much everything Ford IDS will do.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, simcor said:

Forscan and a modified ELM 327 device will do pretty much everything Ford IDS will do.

Brilliant. Do we have a vendor for the ELM 327 interface ?

Tunnelrat devices seem to be touted the most as most reliable but it does seem to be pot luck whichever seller you go to for getting a good one that works well.

Thanks for that Simon, just looking at FORScan now and will have a look at Tunnelrat soon. Got a D900 code up on the dash display but I understand this is a bit of a spoof code from what I read and the real one needs better device to read it.

Elmconfig is also a useful tool for messing about with turning options on and off or tinkering with other stuff. Between those programs there reply isn't much you can't do with a decent modified interface.

Cheers for that. Modified interface ordered and sofware downloaded. Gonna do the drivers later when I have the cable.

Just had a thought. You have a MK3 Elmconfig won't work with the MK3 you need FoCCCus ecru edit to change options on the car.