Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GPS Module even in non-nav-equipped Fiesta?

MJNewton

Having connected up Forscan to have a nose around I've noticed that my car has a GPS module fitted despite me not having got the navigation option:

GPSM - Global Positioning System Module
Bus: MSCAN
Part number: DE8T-19H463-BB
Strategy : DE8T-14F055-BB

I was wondering therefore if the GPS module is still active - perhaps used to give a location input to Ford Sync's Emergency Assistance feature? I had previously thought it wouldn't have provided a location; relying instead on the emergency service's cell tower triangulation capabilities.

Does anyone know any info about this?

It's for the emergency assiatnce. Possibly if you press "INFO" it may give your co-ordinates.

• Like 1

Thanks for confirming that Karl. As is often the case with questions posted to forums no sooner had I put it up did I found this from the NCAP summary of it:

This GPS location is taken from the on-board GPS module which is standard equipment of every vehicle having SYNC.

Will try the INFO suggestion tomorrow and see if that works!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club