Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus tdci 07

kimmyb74

New here guys a bit of advice if possible  bought an 07 ford focus tdci  zetec climate  of an old guy I say in his 70s plus  don't think he's used it much and not used the motor way either  I notice some smoke so I gave it some pace on the motorway  as them smoke started to clear but sparks came out of the exhaust  so I gave it some rev hopefully it clears next day no smoke 😆 but I'm sensing some smell fume smell I'm guessing  any  reasonable  guess I assume that the crap I blew out on the motorway is the cause is it possible the catalytic conveter  could be faulty or so 02 sensor  or is it dirty I bought cat cleaner shall I wait till if it cleans it all out and the smell goes ?? From the guy I bought it off had service from 2013  I notice when he drove it he's hasn't gone over 40 mph slow I know but I doubt he's done 60 never mind motorway running 

what engine? the 1.6tdci can have a problem with the fuel injectors seals (copper washers) leaking. you get seepage of diesel around fuel injectors. the small puddle then starts cooking into a thick black tar like goo that smells.  Sometimes doing the bolts up a bit tighter fixes it for a while. don't overtighten. if you strip/break a bolt you have a serious problem

see pic (I know that is a peugeot forum but the 1.6tdci is the peugeot engine)

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/injector-removal-washer-seal-replacement-1-6-hdi-126850/

• Like 1

1.8 I checked today seems like manifold  gasket is the info I got  from two mobile mechanic it don't smell fuel it's smells fumes  

Fumes smell is a definite  been at the car and coming from the air duct so it's fumes so I got it booked in tomorrow 

1.8 I found the issue you were right injectors  2 and 3 I have booked it in Monday morning  thanks guys 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club