Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For A New Radio

jjmmww1

Im looking for a double din touch screen radio have a 55 plate focus with a 6000cd in. Can anyone tell me what size I could get and what id need to fit it?

• Like 1

Just a standard double din would do. You would then either need to get this facia 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282200893789 

as the Focus normal facia is too big. Alternatively there is a focus facia made to size but under a quick eBay search couldn't find anything. They do definitely exist though. 

Then as as long as you pick out a branded radio you would just need the adapter to plug it in. If like me you choose to go for an unknown brand then you have a lot of cutting of wires

25 minutes ago, Jonanstee said:

Just a standard double din would do. You would then either need to get this facia 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282200893789 

as the Focus normal facia is too big. Alternatively there is a focus facia made to size but under a quick eBay search couldn't find anything. They do definitely exist though. 

Then as as long as you pick out a branded radio you would just need the adapter to plug it in. If like me you choose to go for an unknown brand then you have a lot of cutting of wires

Thanks bud but just checked the link and says has been removed, or this item isn't available.  but I was looking at a pioneer so that should need no cutting?

I believe the normal focus facia is bigger than a standard double din which is why you would need the trim

are these what your looking for on eBay.............

eBay item number:400578726813

eBay item number:151656763483

:w00t:

2 hours ago, jjmmww1 said:

That looks alright would that need anything else like the stalk adapter for finger tip controls?

It shouldn't do, no. ISO wiring harness and CANbus box make it plug and play. I've installed the same thing in my Mk2.5, obviously it's a different shape but other than that it's identical. You have to reprogrammme the stalk controls to work with the unit but that takes 2 seconds to do, and you do it via a menu on the head unit. You can also reprogrammed the stalk controls to do other things, like answer phone calls etc if you want to. 

I'm very impressed with mine, you'd think it was a factory fit unit. Value for money is unreal and I don't think can be bettered. 

21 hours ago, WallaceZS said:

It shouldn't do, no. ISO wiring harness and CANbus box make it plug and play. I've installed the same thing in my Mk2.5, obviously it's a different shape but other than that it's identical. You have to reprogrammme the stalk controls to work with the unit but that takes 2 seconds to do, and you do it via a menu on the head unit. You can also reprogrammed the stalk controls to do other things, like answer phone calls etc if you want to. 

I'm very impressed with mine, you'd think it was a factory fit unit. Value for money is unreal and I don't think can be bettered. 

Nice one then bud im just going to order it :)

On Sunday, April 02, 2017 at 10:24 AM, jjmmww1 said:

Im looking for a double din touch screen radio have a 55 plate focus with a 6000cd in. Can anyone tell me what size I could get and what id need to fit it?

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here 

thanks for all the help guys

Radio is stuck on the right side and won't come out with the keys now any tips?

34 minutes ago, jjmmww1 said:

thanks for all the help guys

Radio is stuck on the right side and won't come out with the keys now any tips?

Take out the air vents from above it as shown in this guide: Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here You can then fit your hand in and try pushing it out from the back of the radio 👍

On 4/5/2017 at 8:00 AM, Lenny said:

Take out the air vents from above it as shown in this guide: Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here You can then fit your hand in and try pushing it out from the back of the radio 👍

Thanks that got it out with a good old push from the back but i am now stuck with the one i ordered not fitting in the same space to things on the bottom will just not go in no matter what i try. I've looked at all the steps and cant work it out i took 2 pics but now looking at them they wouldn't even help

13 hours ago, jjmmww1 said:

Thanks that got it out with a good old push from the back but i am now stuck with the one i ordered not fitting in the same space to things on the bottom will just not go in no matter what i try. I've looked at all the steps and cant work it out i took 2 pics but now looking at them they wouldn't even help

It's ok I can imagine what your describing as I know every bit of the focus inside out,

Is it the bottom clips of the headunit are not gripping the dash surround.

or 

is it a case of there is somthing at the rear of the headunit preventing it from going in all of the way? 

The iSO block can be quite bulky; I eliminated mine completely by cutting it and isint crimp spade connections for each cable to reduce bulk.

Hi I had a similar problem with mine I managed to push the ISO block between the two air vents that gave me a bit more room but the head unit is a tight fit from what I can remember 

• Like 1

extra photos so you can see where its stuck and what on

as you can see along the top its tight as you like

and then the bottom corners clips get stuck like that?

any ideas ive gone back to the xtrons to see what they say as well

• Like 1

Xtrons have jyst told me to send it back for now 

• Like 1

If you remove the silver trim surround, does the radio fit into this?

I wonder if your trim needs some modifying to get it to fit... (don't modify it until you are sure it will fit in the space behind).

9 hours ago, jjmmww1 said:

Xtrons have jyst told me to send it back for now 

What about money? 

They made a deal with me before that they would send me stuff to install on the conditions I would create an install guide for there forum but it never materialised.

If be cautious of returning it without any come back but if you paid via PayPal you should be protected just send it tracked to be sure of traceability. 

Oops. I feel kinda guilty now as I pointed you in that direction, I didn't dream you'd have this sort of problem. Have you compared the dimensions of the Xtrons and the standard head unit to see how much it differs by?

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Lenny said:

What about money? 

They made a deal with me before that they would send me stuff to install on the conditions I would create an install guide for there forum but it never materialised.

If be cautious of returning it without any come back but if you paid via PayPal you should be protected just send it tracked to be sure of traceability. 

Thanks and yes I paid by paypal so should be sorted soon

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, WallaceZS said:

Oops. I feel kinda guilty now as I pointed you in that direction, I didn't dream you'd have this sort of problem. Have you compared the dimensions of the Xtrons and the standard head unit to see how much it differs by?

yes compared it with the standard unit and same size just the clips get stuck on the bottom plenty of room behind

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club