Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add Bluetooth on 2010 Titanium focus

Nicolas33

Hi,

I just upgraded from my mk1.5 focus to a mk2.5 Titanium focus.

I am loving the new car and all the options with it but i am missing one.. the bluetooth to listen to my music from my phone. I have the aux in the glove box but like to be able to control the songs from the car without touching my phone.

How hard is it to get the parts to fit the bluetooth on it?

I saw a lot about a Nokia modus under the glove box but cannot find anything, i believe i don't have it, but not sure if I'm looking at the right place.

I'd like to get what's needed to use bluetooth on my Sony radio.

Thanks,

Nico

Which sony unit do u have. Ive got a mk2.5 titanium 2010 and the sony that comes with it is bluetooth enabled

I have a Sony dab unit.

When i press the phone on the radio i can only see "phone muted". 

I believe that there is a microphone over my head by the lights but i do not have the "voice" option the the stick on the steering wheel.

I have already tried to disconnect the radio fuse and looked over the glove box compartment after removing it but not sure what I'm looking for.

I like the look of the Sony radio so not keen on get an aftermarket unit if i can avoid it..

Can u post pic of the unit u have? 

As i remember on mine the bluetooth settings arent under phone. I had to go into the menu and pair the phone to the stereo.

Hopefully it's ok to post this link (let me know if I should remove it).

ford-focus-titanium-1-6-100ps-5dr-keyles

I am in the office right now, but this is the radio I have.

Does your car bluetooth work without the invoice button on the steering wheel?

Yes works fine without me using the voice button as thats only for voice commands on the stereo.. 

Ive took few pics of mine. Pressing phone button brings up no connected device, then press menu and using up and down buttons there is an option to add device.. 

20170403_171236.jpg

20170403_171241.jpg

20170403_171249.jpg

20170403_171335.jpg

yea, I think I might not have the blutooth bits attached as when I press the phone logo I have the message "phone muted" only, and not BT option in the menu.

I'll check again when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it looks like this:

That's why I am asking if it's easy to get BT to work or add the missing parts.

Thanks for you help.

Ahh i get u now i seen the video.. cant say ive come across that in the past.. wud have thort the bluetooth was built into the unit.. hopefully someone on here got exp of it.. 

Mine is, again, the same as yours. (I'm not stalking you, honest!) :wink:

My understanding is that if you get the 'mute' thing on the radio you haven't got bluetooth.

Check etis: https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=4F37CE36DB1B901F81D7FD38AB842F78.eccvas503

It's also my understanding that bluetooth isn't a plug-in, it has to be installed in the radio. I think that there are after market efforts that attach via the Aux plug(?) but that's where my knowledge on the subject ends, I'm afraid and I'm probably wrong anyway

There have been other threads on the subject, have you searched?

Good luck

• Like 1

You need the bluetooth module that is hidden above the glove box, and a harness to connect it to the head unit.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the replies.

Yes, I spend the last week looking into this but most post are over 5 years now and I cannot see the attachments or links in most tutos.

From what I understand now, now every Titanium models had bluetooth fitted. I have removed the glovebox compartment to see if I could see the bluetooth module, but I do not have it. 

I need to get a BT module, but not sure yet on what model I need to get:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC2.A0.H0.Xford+focus+bluetooth+module.TRS0&_nkw=ford+focus+bluetooth+module&_sacat=0

I do not have the voice input on the steering wheel, but I do not need this as only want to listen to music from my phone ( as need to fiddle with it when using the aux port). it seems that on the light bits above my head, there is only foam where the microphone should be, but again, I do not need this.

What I am struggling to find out is what bt module I should get and if I need to get extra cables or if my car already have them and I can just connect the module.

Looking on this forum, and online I now know that the term used is retrofitting bluetooth on my car, but I am not sure how it's done, and/or how it's done and looking for somebody to guide me on this.

If not I will need to use a BT that I can plug in the cigar bit or the aux bit, but would not be as convenient as using it directly from the radio.

I am not looking for an aftermarker radio as not looking good (to my taste).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but I thought I'll share my findings.

I have been looking all around internet for an answer, on english and French forums and I found out few information.

I have found the following Tuto really helpful:

And this video to locate the plug for the BT module:

I have now ordered a module of eBay and will try and plug it to the existing cables needed.

I have not ordered Audio Patch Cable Finis 1592580 yet as not sure the purpose of it and if the BT module will work first. I have order a 8M5T 19G488.

if the radio see it and I can see it on my phone, I will then look into the bracket screws and patch cable ( as I imagine that this is needed to hear it?!?!)

Be aware that a module with part number 8M5T-19G488-xx is a standard Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module that only supports bluetooth phone functionality. This type of module does not support USB, bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Be aware that a module with part number 8M5T-19G488-xx is a standard Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module that only supports Bluetooth phone functionality. This type of module does not support USB, Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control. 

Thank you for your comment above. You saved me time and money.

I ordered an even worst model, the 7s7t-19g488-ae and looking into it, it is only mono sound and rubbish.. I was looking to save money as did not need the usb option, but I still want a good sound quality :).

I will stop trying to save more money and order the part stated in the tuto. I might try a scrap yard option?!

Do you know what the Audio Patch Cable is for and why it need to be replaced? I am only curious on the purpose of it.

Thanks

hopefully, I will manage to get the BT to work at some point.. :)

The 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module that are used on the Focus MK2.5 uses the AUX input of the radio to communicate audio to the radio. The Audio Patch Cable is needed to redirect the AUX wiring through the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. Without the correct Audio Patch Cable there will be no sound communication from the module to the radio.

Be aware that the USB, bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control functions are only supported by the GEN 3 Sony radio's and travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems. The stock 6000CD radio does not support these functions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

The 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module that are used on the Focus MK2.5 uses the AUX input of the radio to communicate audio to the radio. The Audio Patch Cable is needed to redirect the AUX wiring through the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. Without the correct Audio Patch Cable there will be no sound communication from the module to the radio.

Thank you for this. it makes a lot of sense and good to know. I will order this from ford then.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Be aware that the USB, Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control functions are only supported by the GEN 3 Sony radio's and travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems. The stock 6000CD radio does not support these functions.

Thanks for this as well, and sorry for keep asking question, but you know much about this subject...

I will get  8M5T-19C112-AN, AP, AR, AS, AT. I can see on eBay two finishing AM, but I imagine this will be too old or not working.

I am getting scared that it's not worth spending over £100 now.. I will look around, but how do I know the version of my radio.. I am now getting uncertain about this, and as in the office cannot do much about this. I have a sony DAB radio... is this enough to know if it's gen 3 or Stock version or should I look at the hidden menu pressing 1 and 6 on the radio (I'm pretty sure the firmware was 05-xx-xx).

To recap:

-I need to make sure I have a Sony Gen 3 radio and not a stock, as would not work (as only looking to play music from my phone)

-I need the patch cable for the sound to work

-I need a module 8M5T-19C112-AN, AP, AR, AS, AT and nothing before that as would not be stereo sound, or be able to skip songs ect from car.

I definetly have the black plug with the white lock found it yesterday following the video in my previous comment.

The two photos are from my car, the first one is I believe to connect the BT module, and the grey one on the second picture is the Audio patch I believe that I need to replace?!

IMG_20170417_113758771.jpgIMG_20170417_113611149.thumb.jpg.dcbc65b623bc0906d92cdd14f6620c7c.jpg

IMG_20170417_113611149.jpg

All Focus MK2.5 Sony DAB radio's are GEN 3 radio's. Your radio should be fine.

You can use the following Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules:

8M5T-19C112-AM

8M5T-19C112-AN

8M5T-19C112-AP

8M5T-19C112-AR

8M5T-19C112-AS

8M5T-19C112-AT

All of these modules are technically identical. The only difference is the software. The "AM" module software did initially not support bluetooth Audio. However after updating the software to the latest version (Ford Audio Update of November 2012) all of these modules are identical and all support USB, bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control. 

Note that the "A" in the part number suffix stands for the language of the module (A = English). In case you only want to use it for bluetooth Audio and/or USB you can also use a module with a different language (B = for example German). English modules are by far the most popular. Different languages are usually less desired and a bit cheaper.

• Like 2

Interesting thread.

I've recently bought a focus titanium mk2 which had a crappy after market head unit installed, but had originally had the ford sat nav system (which died).

As I wanted BT, I ordered a similar sony head to yours, part no. - VP6M2F-18C821-FA

Unfortunately the only BT functionality that worked was for making or receiving calls, which is frustrating as I wanted to play music off of my phone via BT as well, I just assumed that these heads weren't that advanced.

Does this mean I need a different BT module, and/or a different patch cable, and/or head unit, and I could actually get this working?!!

VP6M2F-18C821-FA is the CD player/changer mechanism. This is not the part number of the radio.

Thank you Wilco for your help once more.

I have now ordered 8M5T-19C112-AR and hopefully will work. I will now order the audio patch cable as well. 

I now found out from ford that the Bracket part is not available from ford and is not available anymore on http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

I will try and look around, but have any tips on where to find this eventually? How bad is it if the BT module is not fixed with this bracket (if I cannot find it?!) can I try to fiked it somewhere else ?

2 hours ago, Drd said:

Interesting thread.

I've recently bought a focus titanium mk2 which had a crappy after market head unit installed, but had originally had the ford sat nav system (which died).

As I wanted BT, I ordered a similar sony head to yours, part no. - VP6M2F-18C821-FA

Unfortunately the only BT functionality that worked was for making or receiving calls, which is frustrating as I wanted to play music off of my phone via BT as well, I just assumed that these heads weren't that advanced.

Does this mean I need a different BT module, and/or a different patch cable, and/or head unit, and I could actually get this working?!!

I am still learning the basic here but from what I understand MK2 and MK2.5 might have different wiring so not sure. As well as stated below, depending on the BT module, you might be able just to update it id the AM version.

But also the bluetooth might have been from the aftermarket head unit you had..

Have a look over the glove box (by removing the screws as noted on the video few posts above) and look if you have a BT unit and the cables already. so might be do able..

The bracket to mount the module onto the dashboard support frame is not that important. If not available you can use an industrial double sided tape or zip ties to install the module or make a bracket yourself 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The bracket to mount the module onto the dashboard support frame is not that important. If not available you can use an industrial double sided tape or zip ties to install the module or make a bracket yourself 

Amazing, thanks for confirming this. I thought it might have been a special way to avoid shaking that would make the hole thing mess up. but yea, zip ties will be they way.

I have now ordered the audio patch cable and a BT module 8M5T-19C112-AR. Hopefully that's all I need. 

I will post an update once I have received both parts and fitted them. Once this done, will I have to do a soft reset or something else, or the radio should pick up the Bt module automatically? (I saw on a german video on youtube, that the phone menu appeared after fitting the BT module on his mondeo).

I will need to have a better look under the car but the audio patch cable is plugged only on one end (the grey one on the photo on the Tuto) or there it is to be plugged somewhere else? I might just try to be patient and look for this next week. but I will try an update the tutos will all the information I found and you gave to help people like me.

When I get a chance later I'll drop the glove box and check BT and radio codes.

Thanks to both of you.

Head unit: 7m5t-18c939-kd

BT module: 7m5t-19g488-ad

The BT module will need replacing, but is my 7m5t series head even going to work with it?

I am not sure mate, I am only learning the hole thing at the moment..

Maybe try and find out if the radio is a stock 6000CD or a Gen 3g as Wilco wrote before.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:02 PM, JW1982 said:

Be aware that the USB, Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control functions are only supported by the GEN 3 Sony radio's and travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems. The stock 6000CD radio does not support these functions.

I can try an find the number of my radio if that helps..( how did you get it? if possible without removing it as I don't have the tools for this :) )

To be confirmed as well, but I am pretty sure that I saw somewhere that the wiring is slightly different on the MK2 and MK2.5.. but I might be talking rubbish, especially if you already have a BT module installed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club