Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 ranger mk3 tyre options and Double din dash

Nick

Hi,

I would like to know what are the biggest and best tyres I can but on my 3.0LTR TDCI Auto Doublecab Thunder?

I currently have 245/70x16 and have fitted 30mm spacers all round to make it look better, without any rubbing at all.

Does this mean I can go to 275 or wider with a lower profile on 16 inch wheels?

Also for all those looking for a double din fascia replacement, they are avaliable from Maxda Part number UR7255210 for around £10 including VAT. I fitted a kenwood reverse camera, touchscreen satnav, freeview and dvd player with bluetooth without any trouble.

See pictures attached.

Thanks,

Nick....

post-477-1261426214_thumb.jpg

post-477-1261426326_thumb.jpg

post-477-1261426573_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

could go lower profile, but width is down to the rim itself and what it will manage...look inside your hubcaps and you should see some measurements, likely to be in inches...something like 7.5x16 or something like that!!

may also say max width tyre fitment for that rim! :)

Thanks for the quick reply, but I don't have Hub caps, I have six stud alloys, would it be ingraved on the inside rim? Also do I then convert inches to mm to get the max size allowed?

I was hoping someone has fitted bigger tyres to save me the stress of guessing the biggest that would fit! LOL.

Cheers,

Nick...

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I would like to know what are the biggest and best tyres I can but on my 3.0LTR TDCI Auto Doublecab Thunder?

I currently have 245/70x16 and have fitted 30mm spacers all round to make it look better, without any rubbing at all.

Does this mean I can go to 275 or wider with a lower profile on 16 inch wheels?

Also for all those looking for a double din fascia replacement, they are avaliable from Maxda Part number UR7255210 for around £10 including VAT. I fitted a kenwood reverse camera, touchscreen satnav, freeview and dvd player with bluetooth without any trouble.

See pictures attached.

Thanks,

Nick....

Well done on your ICE Nick. It looks very good. It's a big help as well, been searching for the trim plate. Do you have the website where you bought the trim plate from? When searching the net for the part number you supplied, I get pricing in excess of $90 --a far cry from the ten pounds.

I really appreciate your post above as I've been stuck trying to move my Kenwood from A3 to Everest (same dash as the Ranger).

Well done on your ICE Nick. It looks very good. It's a big help as well, been searching for the trim plate. Do you have the website where you bought the trim plate from? When searching the net for the part number you supplied, I get pricing in excess of $90 --a far cry from the ten pounds.

I really appreciate your post above as I've been stuck trying to move my Kenwood from A3 to Everest (same dash as the Ranger).

If you contact a Mazda dealer direct using that partnumber in the UK I am sure they can ship to you. My dealer is http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&source=hp&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=NEWPORT+MAZDA&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=MAZDA&hnear=NEWPORT&cid=722293761412900440 and the face plate was from a UK B2500 Mazda and they are a standard fit. You need to go direct to the dealer as Ebay traders and others are marking the price up ridiculously to make a few quid.

If it comes down to it I could buy one or two and ship to you, as postage shouldn't be that much.

Cheers,

Nick

I will order one on weds and find out how much to send to south africa. I will then let you know the price, and if you trust me, do a paypal for the amount and I

I will order one on weds and find out how much to send to south africa. I will then let you know the total price, and if you trust me, do a paypal for the amount and I will send it ASAP as promised.

Up to you mate.

Cheers,

Nick..

Thanks a lot. I'll wait for you to guide on this. Get pricing to send via courier company. It's a little expensive, but this is not the place to discuss what happened to previous orders that UK based Internet shops tried to mail to me using regular mail. Suffice it to say, don't even think of sending via regular mail. In anycase, I'm planning my first long distance family trip in the Everest over Easter, so sending via courier is just about the only way to finish this project on time.

It's the Kenwood DDX-8039 (UK equivalent is the DDX-8029) that I'll transfer to the Everest. Did you need any special harness or does your Ranger have ISO connectors?

If you can get around to it, could you please post pictures showing how you mounted the reverse camera?

Thanks.

Mine is the Kenwood DNX8220BT and I had managed to get an iso plug and play harness. I don't have steering wheel controls, so it was straight forward. The everest is just a different body and not a pickup as I understand. I will try to get a better quote, but this is the best so far http://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=30&m2=15&m3=15&w=1&e=nick@rapidplay.plus.com&cm=1&dest=ZA&col=GB at £35.00. so we are looking at around £50 with the faceplate all in sent to you via DHL. I have ordered the dash with Mazda (I play golf with the service manager at Local branch)and he said I should have it Weds with any luck. The adapter faceplate has green illumination (same as mine) , but the 2010 rangers have red, so this may be a problem.

Attatched is a dash picture. Is this yours?

I will contact you as soon as I have it in my hands. Meanwhile what is your address and contact email address, to save forum time and space?

Mine is nick@rapidplay.plus.com .

Cheers,

Nick...

post-477-126859855673_thumb.jpg

You're correct. That is my dashboard and the illumination is predominantly red. But hey, at 25deg latitude, daytime is bright throughout the year, so dash illumination will always be a night-only issue. My Kenwood does not have variable illumination colour anyway. I'm prepared to live with these night-driving Christmas Tree effects for now.

I have ordered the Kenwood CCD-2000 Rear View Colour CCD Camera from Dynamic Sounds. That was the best price I found at 100 Pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually got the faceplate locally. Ford part number is: UF5L55210. Kenwood would be installed now except I was sold a T-Harness instead of an ISO-to-car harness that I asked for :angry: .

Nick, do you have a part number for the harness or did you have to cut wires?

Sorry.

I don't have the part number as it was supplied with the headunit as a package.

Glad to hear you got a faceplate though. Was it expensive from Ford?

Cheers,

Nick...

I was quite fortunate that Mazda & Ford in South Africa operate from same dealerships and that the parts guy was friendly and very helpful. Ford calls the faceplate "Panel Center" and the price was R800 (approx. 70 Pounds).

• 10 years later...

hey guys im based in the uk here with the same truck and wheels , ive got 16 inch alloy rims with a 29 inch tyre , i wanted too change them too stick out abit more and have found 15 inch rims with 33 inch tyres with a -32 offset , ive contacted the dealer and he doesnt know what lift kit i will need , can anybody help me with this please as its been driving me crazy trying too get the truck looking the way i like it , many thanks guys 

• 6 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 1:23 AM, TheGreenRanger said:

hey guys im based in the uk here with the same truck and wheels , ive got 16 inch alloy rims with a 29 inch tyre , i wanted too change them too stick out abit more and have found 15 inch rims with 33 inch tyres with a -32 offset , ive contacted the dealer and he doesnt know what lift kit i will need , can anybody help me with this please as its been driving me crazy trying too get the truck looking the way i like it , many thanks guys 

Have you had a suspension lift kit installed by now?