Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST questions on upgrades bluefin mostly

CJayRR91

Hi guys

Im wondering if its worth getting a bluefin or just staying away from it. 

My car is still in warranty (barely done 200 miles) but i really want more power and like a chav i want some noise! 

i can get a bluefin kit for £300 and wondered if its worth getting as ive read although it can be taken off ford can see if ive played with it. 

I would like to know if the mountune 235 kit voids warranty or if that is allowed (i would like to take off the cat and keep it boxed as brand new for re-sale time or MOT time). I know the 215 is ok but its not really doing a lot and does the panel filter increase the induction noise much as the cabin is a little quiet except the pumped through noise which is nice but im still a little old school and like to hear the real noise.

I would also like to get some HID lights at a later date maybe in the winter when i will be night driving as i have found the lights to be crap so far any one have an recommendations?

Thanks for any help, 

I wish we had a discount code for bluefin :-(

I prefer bluefin because its easy to take the map off and put it back on again

Jamie

I read on a forum that Ford can tell if you've used it on your car even if you take it off. Don't know if it's true or not but that's why I'm now paying the excessive amount it is for mountune!

Im tempted to change the exhaust and decat but if anything were to go wrong put the original back on before going to see Ford about a problem 

From what I have read there is a counter in the ECU that logs how many times it is written to, so if they wanted to, Ford could know if it's been re-programmed.

That's not to say they will know.

Mountune 235 is not warranty friendly, only the 215 is.

Cheer Alex that's an answer I found on another site, glad you got the same answer which is what stopped me doing it.

i was only going to have the 215 software but do the 235 hardware but just not get it reprogrammed after until the warranty is up

You won't be able to fit the cat, it will cause errors on the car without the accompanying remap and will void the warranty.

Looks like the IC and exhaust are warranty friendly though.

That said, you may notice increased lag from the IC upgrade on the stock map due to the larger volume and map not being tuned for it.

Where did you see the IC that are warranty friendly? 

I was looking at the miltek decat that comes with lambda sensor plug in so it still thinks it's working, not ideal but at least it won't throw up a MIL 

If you look on the mountune store and go into the IC it says it won't void warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club