Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 headlight units

D13 HPD 95

My st-2 doesn't have xenons or the drl's in the headlight if I get some st-3 headlights will the drl's work straight away or do they need coding some how in the ecu? 

You'll need to change it in the central car config if you find some halogen ones with LED DRLs in. However be aware that installing the Xenon type will require different modules and possibly a completely different loom. It will also need auto leveling and headlight washers to be road legal.

Ok, I'll have a shop about, how would I change that setting? Do I need to go and see Ford or can I do it myself?

Does any know if a Ford Dealer can turn the DRL function on? So on my standard headlights the side lights would be on all the time, then when i swop over the headlights the DRL strip would be the side light, if anyone could shed any 'light' on this thank you :) 

Unfortunately I think you might struggle with this, I have a 2012 Focus Titanium and thought it would be easy to change the headlight units for Titanium X units with DRL's but it wasn't possible - a different wiring loom apparently

6 hours ago, Jezza54 said:

Unfortunately I think you might struggle with this, I have a 2012 Focus Titanium and thought it would be easy to change the headlight units for Titanium X units with DRL's but it wasn't possible - a different wiring loom apparently

cheers Jezza guess ill have to go aftermarket and wire the DRLs to the battery via an ignition switch live relay - didnt want to but its the only way 

On the Focus MK3 the OEM HID lights with DRL can be retrofitted and configured without any problems. 

However on a car with factory fitted HID lights the lights are controlled by the Headlight Control Module (HCM). A car with normal halogen lights does not have a HCM. If you want the HID lights to be fully legal you have to install the HCM, the complete automatic height adjustment system and the headlamp washing system. The parts needed for this full retrofit are pretty expensive. 

As an alternative the OEM HID lights can be used without the HCM, the complete automatic height adjustment system and the headlamp washing system by configuring the lights as "Alternative HID". If configured this way the HID lights get a steady 12 Volt battery supply instead of the PWM supply that is used for normal halogen headlights. Next to this the bulb check system is disabled. If configured this way the OEM HID lights will be functional except from the height adjustment system.

Be aware that most cars that came with normal halogen headlights do have a wiring harness that has less wires than the wiring harness of a car with HID lights. The wires that are used for HID lights are simply missing. this can be solved by changing the complete engine bay wiring harness or by adding the missing wires to the existing wiring harness.