Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PCM update after replace Catalyst and Lambda?

CarloAdan

Hi there, my first question (i don't know if i must make a other topic tot introduce myself).....

I bought a StreetKA last week. The former owner had replace the Catalyst and Lambda and now the motor management sign is on.

The errocodes are: P0030 and P0037

On the WWW i found a topic where the told you there must be a PCM update and there is a service letter for this kind of things.

Hava anybody experience this earlier?

IMG_20170405_162536.jpg

Hi,
Firstly - no you do not require a pcm update.
what sort of catalyst is the one that's been replaced ?,
Is it the same as was on the car originally - ie part of the exhaust manifold or is it a sports catalyst that is individual fitted usually underneath the car somewhere in the exhaust pipe.?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stillwaters69,

It is a originally one, it is part of the exhaust manifold and no sport (but it could be maybe aftermarket stuff)

Hi Carlo,

Hmm - do you have an explanation for the previous owner replacing the cat & Lambda as the cat&manifold are bullet proof so shouldn't need replacing.
How is the car running ?

The lambda could be an aftermarket one - they are cheaper than original ones £70-£80 and can cause issues.
Of course ford original are around £400 but you can buy Ngk aftermarket original ones for £150 - i had both fitted and they work fine.

Carlo where are you in the country, are you anywhere near Lancashire.

Hello, no i'm living in Holland.

I don't know why the previous owner have replaced the cat. and lambda.

These are the NGK aftermarket i get: https://gyazo.com/29d5e88b7e9ae4aac7676980f4a69261

https://www.auto-onderdelen24.nl/ford/street-ka-rl2/17114/10829/lambdaregeling

The car running great, only the light is on in the dash....

This is the Torque app. But the garage said the same1f6b6219ccb7529289326bc76ddd39be.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI NXT-L29 met Tapatalk

Hi wow you are having troubles - i have to say I have had the same faults, and it was due to the wireing.
I changed my manifold on my ka Sport to a 4 branch racing manifold with a free flow exhaust with no catalyst just a lambda fooler, also fitted a fast road cam, and unichip piggyback ecu maped for a lambda delete - now 120bhp.
I had the same fault codes as you but again my ka ran ok just management light on, so changed both lambdas also had plug in wireing extensions fitted.
I've looked at your link and I'd say your problems are the lambda sensors - they are far to cheap which leads me to beleve they are universal after market ones - my ngk cost £150 for bank 1 - manifold sensor and £50 for bank 2 - post cat sensor.
I could have bought the same ones you have at euro car parts for the same price as in your link.
Go to your nearest proper car shop and give them your registration number.

It's your lambda sensors that are not reading correctly - but just to make sure buy new sensors from your local parts shop giving your complete registration - open the box but not the inside clear packet - compare to the ones fitted - then get your garage to check the wireing for the sensors.
Lastly - not being funny but is it an original proper manifold for the car as I'm wondering if the wireing connections have been extended to fit a different manifold.

The sensor is also not to clear i see now..... This is not a new one i thinka1199385d5fad0063814fb629bdca2b9.jpg687e16f91fe95c47e34a02b3fed7ff1d.jpg08b383cd7ee8696edf9724865af0cb45.jpg

This is the code on the box for my post cat lambda sensor.
Sorry I don't have the box for the manifold bank 1 manifold mixture lambda sensor.4bd4921097d32785dbb36e26e1f47fc3.jpg

Yes I see your pictures - again buy new ones - the ones on your ka could have had the wireing messed about with or wrong ones fitted - start again with new ones.

This one on EAN 087295100394....f6c7da4b57b62f3da8e80455617f00d4.jpg

I will ask my supplier here also

The price looks about right but yes check with your local shop first but - Remember though - this eBay picture and my picture is bank 2 sensor which plugs into or after your cat - it's a pain to get at.
The sensor in your earlier photos - is bank 1 - mixture sensor - for that again you will have to ask your local shop by giving them your full registration.
You might need to fit both - the one in your earlier photo is the most expensive £150
It would be interesting to know if this solves the problem - im pretty sure it will though.
Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the local shop and they gave me the FORD KA Lambda Sensor 1.3,1.6 02 to 08 0258005716 Oxygen Bosch 1471423 3006892. I remove the old one and place this, and..... Still the motormanagement light still on, with the same error codes :-(e80a2e206e6ba982133db5baea7eea4f.jpg

Now my only solution is to change also the one after the cat.

if both sensors are coming up with the same faults regarding the heater circuits then normally its the fuse that supplies the 12v supply, have you checked for 12v at the connector of sensor?

Nope, witch fuse is that?

I dont have 30 fuses.... ca96119b848406c2b080683e7e38953c.jpg

65e8a96a23a17f00c78305da7f7d6de4.jpg

I found it in the manuel, it must be Under the instruments (just as the 22 fuses) but i can 't find them.... 9376cf9aed92724c428abda4e50ab2db.jpgbc2a42d0d469b4803ab78286eabfe6a9.jpg

Ah i must completly remove the fusebox

yep, undo the 2 screws and unhook the fusebox you can see at the bottom