Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just got a Titanium, want to get other alloys

baggister

12 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

1.0T is lighter than the 1.6NA or diesel. Shouldn't be any vibrations that affect the wheels. All Ford alloys are quite heavy compared to aftermarket wheels, so you're buying, relatively, nil performance increase for significantly more money. 

Excellent.

Stuff it,  i will take a chance and get them. Thanks

2 hours ago, baggister said:

Haha! You're not alone! You're in good company. Maybe I'm just a weirdo or something, but of all the Fiesta alloys out there, my eyes are drawn to the ones on the right.

Anyway, thanks.

Your car at the end of the day, you go for what you want. It's what makes cars unique and what keeps the car scene going. Good luck finding some anyway

• Like 1

OK, got them. Alot of casheroonies but pleased as punchorello. Will get them fitted next weekend.

IMG_3902.JPG

IMG_3903.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

OK, wheels fitted. I do personally fit it looks nicer than the other ones.

Car is looking pretty good in my humble opinion.

IMG_20170617_112711.thumb.jpg.3caa25cdb4d9dc2d24ac2a9b03bc0c82.jpg

IMG_20170617_112728.thumb.jpg.de8abafeaf3567e0b3dd1c62b63e5899.jpg

Thought I'add add, by the way-  the locking nuts on the car do not fit these wheels! Turns out the the standard Titan wheels have bigger holes.

I'm not too fussed, I imagine no one in their right mind will want to steal these anyway. haha! 

you got the wrong wheel nuts as well. your wheels may come loose. beware.

4 hours ago, baggister said:

Thought I'add add, by the way-  the locking nuts on the car do not fit these wheels! Turns out the the standard Titan wheels have bigger holes.

I'm not too fussed, I imagine no one in their right mind will want to steal these anyway. haha! 

You may regret it if your wheel falls off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 1:18 PM, iantt said:

you got the wrong wheel nuts as well. your wheels may come loose. beware.

I hope not. In fact I doubt it, as the place I buy my tyres from is a really good company - I think they'd notice.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:56 PM, karl46 said:

You may regret it if your wheel falls off.

Oh i see what you said that - when i said bigger holes, I mean the same around the nut head. Thanks anyway!

@jw1982 said on another thread " be aware that Ford has changed the wheel nut design. in 2012 Ford introduced the new Global Wheels and Global Wheel nuts to reduce the different types of wheels and wheel nuts on all Ford models. Global Wheel nuts are not compatible with the old design alloy wheel. When buying wheel nuts you absolutely have to buy the correct type of wheel nuts for the wheels you have. Installing incorrect wheel nuts can result in loosing a wheel."

jw1982 definatly knows his stuff,

• Like 2

Like Ian said it is very important to use the correct wheel nuts.

About 2012 Ford introduced the new design Global wheel nuts and Global wheels. The reason for this was to reduce the large amount of different wheel nuts which were used. 

opLQyGl.jpg

AwvEcys.jpg

Mixing wheels/wheelnut design should be avoided at all times.

Note that new original wheels from Ford should come with the correct mounting kit. This kit includes the correct wheel nuts and valve stem. In the past I bought several new wheels from Ford and they always came with the mounting kit.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ford 8 spoke Y design nuts

Some sellers however do sell the original wheels without the mounting kit. They simply take the mounting kit out of the box. This way they can reduce the price of the wheel a bit and make a profit out of the mounting kits.

• Like 1