Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 55 - trip computer choices missing

jeebowhite

I wont be the first, nor the last to realise, that when the brochure came out, the focus MK2 with trip computer had the following:

Odometer

Tripometer

Temperature

Average Speed

Average Fuel

Current Fuel

Error Messages

However the cars dont actually have the current fuel usage in mpg on the systems, just the average. It is a little disappointing, and I am not sure if you can upgrade the trip computer to include this, and if so how much it costs, is anyone aware?

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, MK2 from 2005 until mid 2007 onwards were missing instant MPG on the green display. The ones which have a red display panel would have the updated trip computer.

My father owns a 4-door Mk 2 early 2007 model with a green-lit panel and the car doesn't show the instant consumption figures...

• 2 weeks later...

im one of the fortunate ones, i have a red display that says the mpg, to be honest though its first car ive had that has it, i used to have a rough idea by how many trips i made to the petrol station :)

Had it on my last car a Volvo S40 54 plate, always drove with it on that setting, see how much I could squeeze out of it. :D But its unfortunately missing on my 55 plate Focus <_<

• 4 months later...

Its a bit annoying, I was hoping to get it... So does anyone know if you can upgrade the computer to actually get this option on it? as I have started a new job, and do a bit more motorway driving, I really want to see just what my current MPG is... Then I can work out which is best for Fuel, 55, 60. 65 or 70...

My car has the current MPG but to be honest it is just a figure that jumps between 18mpg and 99mpg i dont think its that accurate i just use the average to get an idea.

Mines the 55 reg, yours seems to be the 08, I'm guessing yours is mark 2.5? I do really want the current MPG...

Nah mines one of the last MK2's before they introduced the MK2.5 so im told. Go to ford you could properly get it but it wont be cheap

Thats the problem... I would rather my car came with it, but thats another point were Ford seem to see "Customer Should have had it, Customer wants it, lets charge for it!" Question is, how much do we recon it would cost for an update like this...

Might be worth an email enquiry me thinks...

instant fuel really isn't that helpful to be honest... my old fiesta didn't have it and my focus does, i can't say i've ever really looked at it.

like karld said, it's just a number that jumps from really low mpg when you accelerate a bit to 99.9mpg when you let off.

instant fuel really isn't that helpful to be honest... my old fiesta didn't have it and my focus does, i can't say i've ever really looked at it.

like karld said, it's just a number that jumps from really low mpg when you accelerate a bit to 99.9mpg when you let off.

Yer I reckon you only want it when you have not got it. Then when you have it, you really don't see all that much of a need for it :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club