Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there spose to be a dash button for Traction Control?

LeeZetecS

:unsure: Forgive me but I’m a bit lost with this statement…

The TC will only kick in when the wheels spin, and the wheels will only spin if you have no traction because you are putting too much power to the wheels. So how can disabling the device that prevents wheel spin help you starting on slippery surfaces?

It's only a problem in the snow :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• DanGull

• Tyrefryer

• LeeZetecS

A bit of wheel-spinning plus sawing the steering from side to side offers at least a chance of getting away from a standstill on slippery inclines. If traction control cuts power the instant spin is detected then this possibility is denied. An on/off switch would be nice in order to permit a choice.

I never thought about pulling the fuse out, I got stuck 3 times in the snow, would it cause any problems if I put it back in? As far as I was aware, you only have the button, if you don't have front parking sensors like me!

Not having TC, I can only guess from memory of this post(from when it was snowing) that the TC on the fiesta kicks in too early, and completely cuts the power when it does so.

Perhaps the TC is programmed differently in my ZS. It actually allows quite a fair bit of spin. For me the only time traction control doesn't work when there isn't any traction to be had. Eg when the tyres are cold in snowy conditions. I think in most peoples cases it's down to the tyres being used and the fact its only 2WD.

Perhaps the TC is programmed differently in my ZS. It actually allows quite a fair bit of spin. For me the only time traction control doesn't work when there isn't any traction to be had. Eg when the tyres are cold in snowy conditions. I think in most peoples cases it's down to the tyres being used and the fact its only 2WD.

fair enough everyone has their opinion on whether its good or bad having ESP in snow, but we're still trying to find someone who knows if there is one fuse you can remove to temporarily disable the ESP on the Titanium ??

A bit of wheel-spinning plus sawing the steering from side to side offers at least a chance of getting away from a standstill on slippery inclines. If traction control cuts power the instant spin is detected then this possibility is denied. An on/off switch would be nice in order to permit a choice.

:o I'm sorry but I think we will have a to agree to disagreee on that one

:o I'm sorry but I think we will have a to agree to disagreee on that one

No problem but I can't quite see what we're disagreeing about here! :( Of course, the correct, proper and elegant way to start on a slippery uphill incline is to use a delicate right foot, trying to get away with minimal revs and no wheelspin. But if that fails (and it can) then it would be nice to have the option to try the crude and ignorant-seeming wheel-spinning (not too madly!) / steering-sawing thing – it may (emphasis on may) just work. As matters stand Titanium owners, with the TC very sensitive and lacking an on/off switch, are not permitted the opportunity even to try, that's the only point I'm trying to make.

From the Fiesta Owner's handbook it appears that pulling fuses number 1 and 28 from the engine compartment fuse box will inactivate ESP (which incorporates TC) and ABS. I suppose that's OK if one is blessed with foresight but it's scarcely practicable if trouble should strike in twilight and in traffic!

Don't do it! I tired it, and on starting the car, it threw a wobley!

The ABS and Power steering lights are one, along with the Exclamation light, and the screen tells you of the power steering problem, and to take it for a service immediately! Plus your total miles clears to dashes.

On putting said 2 fuese back in, everything was ok again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club