Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any body else having problems with there brakes in the ice ?

zetec_s ljk

on friday i was driving in the snow and this idiot infront of me broke suddenly so i had to brake but when i broke my brake peddle was grinding and sounded like a drill.. now the brakes hardly work they go right to the floor with little braking.

i gave my car in to ford to see if they can correct the problem.. a 2 month old car shouldnt have brake problems already can they ?

does anybody else have the same problem as me ?

cheers,

on friday i was driving in the snow and this idiot infront of me broke suddenly so i had to brake but when i broke my brake peddle was grinding and sounded like a drill.. now the brakes hardly work they go right to the floor with little braking.

i gave my car in to ford to see if they can correct the problem.. a 2 month old car shouldnt have brake problems already can they ?

does anybody else have the same problem as me ?

cheers,

I share your hammer-drill like ABS but they are as normal on the road.

As for the exsesive play with the pedal you have now, doesn't sound nice. No it's shouldn't happen with a new car but things will fault regardless of its age.

That'll be your anti-lock brakes doing their thang.

My guess is your braking system got such a thrashing from the ABS that maybe you've lost brake fluid somehow...

I agree that the ABS does sound pretty violent

Jury's out as to wether the gizmos (ABS, EBD, ESP, EBA) are of any use to experienced drivers in the snow...

jurys back with verdict......

"we, the jury, find the electronic gizmos to be guilty of unhelpfullness in the snow!" :lol:

sounds like the ABS has faultered after the Estop and is causing the pedal problem I would say.

In snow/ice, best to come off the pedal and reapply and drog a cog or two...you really need wheels to lock a little to bite into the ice n snow....

and finally...keep that 10second gap...make all the difference between smiles and heartache!!

scored discs.

...or knackered cable somewhere along the system. Sounds like there's too much 'play' in the pedal...

My brakes most definatly saved my life (and my fiestas life) today, on the dual carriageway and a car decides it'd be good to merge into my lane whilst the van in front is slamming on (due to some accident) i ended up stopping and was about a cm away from car that merged so i say my brakes are performing well in the snow.

My breaks have been sounding like a drill on the snowy roads aswell, but they are fine on normal roads so put it down to grip.

They still perform okay however, even with the thudding. Stopped me inches away from a motorcylce today who had to perform an emergency stop as the car in front of him on a rondabout decided to quickly swerve and pull back on after he had turned off. Poor bugger nearly skidded off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club