Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black edition trade up today!

Fenners

Hi all,

Today I went to ford to see if I could swap my car after being a few years into my plan.

Ive agreed to have a black edition 140bhp there's 17k on the clock it's a 15 plate.

my main question is what am I gaining or losing from my current car a 13 plate zetec s also a 1.0 eco boost?

ive got the city pack fitted to my current one so I'd be losing this, ford have agreed to fit X-ray vision reverse sensors to the new one it's also got DAB radio.

Any help guys would be good to see if my decision is a good one? 

Thanks!! 

• Like 2

Depends on cost. What's the difference going to be?

It's come out cheaper than I pay now, which I can't work out but not complaining! 

My current car is due an MOT and service next month also.

My son just upgraded from a mk6 facelift to a 15 plate zetec S black edition 140 BHP. You won't be disappointed. You'll be grinning from ear to ear!

57 minutes ago, Fenners said:

It's come out cheaper than I pay now, which I can't work out but not complaining! 

My current car is due an MOT and service next month also.

Then yeah I don't blame you. The extra power alone makes this a worthwhile upgrade. DAB is rubbish and I've always considered reversing sensors a bit cheaty and sort of takes the skill out of parking. It's not really needed on a Fiesta anyway as it's like driving a shoe box

It kind of made sense in my head they are also giving me a years tax, tank of fuel, also paying the £80 DVLA cost to have my plates transferred over with a new set of plates thrown in.

im sorry to lose my power assisted mirrors though, I don't I'll losing anything else apart from them.

why the DAB radio rubbish? Also do these have a mood strip above the glovebox I didnt look when I saw the car.

Hoping it's a good move!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures fellow stokie 

Sure I'll get some up once I have it! 

One of my concerns is the mpg vs the ztec s 125bhp? 

Hi guys

I've been looking into buying a new car as my current one is robbing me on petrol costs + the insurance (only passed my test in January)

I'm actually in a similar situation as Fenners, been looking at a Fiesta black edition and have now got it reserved! I'm also hoping the mpg won't be too bad as I do a round trip of 54 miles for work. From what I've heard as long as I don't boot it on the motorway it should be okay. 

Going to be taking it for a test drive on Friday and possibly driving it home! 

Hi brad,

does told me I won't see much between the mpg of my current zetec s 1.0 so I'm hopeful aslong as it's driven correctly sure you'll be fine!

i used to drive mine to work that was 60 mile round trip I used a tank a week about £50. I'm going Friday to check mine again and any issues they've got a week to fix them then before picking it up!

i am gutted I'll be giving up power assisted mirrors and puddle lights :(

On 10/04/2017 at 7:11 AM, Fenners said:

Why the DAB radio rubbish? 

It's a dirt cheap, slow system that Ford fitted. It'd take sometimes 15 seconds or more to flick between stations which gets really really frustrating. So to go through just the saved ones, it can take 3 or 4 minutes. It also has a habit of saying "station unavailable".

1 hour ago, Fenners said:

Hi brad,

does told me I won't see much between the mpg of my current zetec s 1.0 so I'm hopeful aslong as it's driven correctly sure you'll be fine!

i used to drive mine to work that was 60 mile round trip I used a tank a week about £50. I'm going Friday to check mine again and any issues they've got a week to fix them then before picking it up!

i am gutted I'll be giving up power assisted mirrors and puddle lights :(

Oh great that's very reassuring! My current car has cost me £170 in 2 weeks :S 

Brilliant hope they're aren't any more issues! 

I don't know an awful lot about cars but you may be able to have power assisted mirrors installed separately if you wanted. Although not sure what that would cost. 

Very excited though to give it a test drive, such a beautiful car as well :) 

Hi Gary,

that doesn't sound great at all!! Would it depend on the area you live in and can you also switch to FM when you have a dab? 

2 hours ago, brad590 said:

Oh great that's very reassuring! My current car has cost me £170 in 2 weeks :S 

Brilliant hope they're aren't any more issues! 

I don't know an awful lot about cars but you may be able to have power assisted mirrors installed separately if you wanted. Although not sure what that would cost. 

Very excited though to give it a test drive, such a beautiful car as well :) 

I go to told at ford it's a factory option and can't be fitted after it's been produced. :( 

Although this is a Mk7, if you contact inath he may know if it;s also applicable to the Mk7.5.

Although this is a Mk7, if you contact inath he may know if it;s also applicable to the Mk7.5.

Nothing is impossible if you know the right people [emoji6] unfortunately I don't know any lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha I wouldn't attempt it myself knowing my luck I'd lose something or break it! 

6 hours ago, Fenners said:

Hi Gary,

that doesn't sound great at all!! Would it depend on the area you live in and can you also switch to FM when you have a dab? 

I live in the suburbs of London - so I imagine I have one of the strongest signals in the country! You can switch to FM and this works really quickly. And the sound quality from the Sony system I had in my Titanium X was pretty good.

Ok thanks I think this one has the standard system fitted can you upgrade to the Sony as an after market upgrade?

• Like 1

On 12/04/2017 at 0:15 PM, Fenners said:

[...] can you also switch to FM when you have a dab? 

You can, but even better is that with the rather confusingly titled 'service Link' feature enabled it will not only switch between DAB transmitters/frequencies automatically (as AF does on FM) but it will also switch to the FM equivalent of your chosen station (if available) should the DAB signal strength drop too low. It is pretty seamless in operation however you may be able to tell it's happened as the volume between DAB and FM broadcasts can be slightly different. The screen will indicate (on the left) which it is currently tuned in to.

Great little tip! Thanks for that I've been out test driving it today absolutely beautiful to drive!! I didn't check if it had bluetooth or stop start but I presume this is standard now??

managed to get £8k for mine thought it was a fair price? 

• Like 1

Thanks it's got Less bluetooth so does that mean it hasn't got it I thought that was standard?

Just took a look at my ST-Line 140 on the etis site it says "  Brake System - Regenerative "  what does that mean?  sounds like some sort of Kers system regenerating energy from the brakes?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club