Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led headlights lights help

smcmullan88

Hi folks

Today I installed two led side lights as one of my original bulbs went out. I couldn't believe the difference in the white compared to the old yellow bulbs. Its made me want to upgrade my headlight bulbs top, dipped and main beam. What is the best led headlights for the focus mk3? Also is this road legal? MOT in June so want to be sure it's legal.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi 

this question has been asked a couple of weeks ago led are best used for signing like indicators side lights or brake lights they do not work well if used to illuminate the road as you need to have the correct reflectors behind the bulb 

i do not think they would pass the mot

• Like 2

No bother I did read that but there was conflicting views on it so I wasn't really sure.

I also read the brightest standard kind of bulb that u can get is the osram night breaker. Would they be bright white as opposed to yellow?

• Like 2

Sorry mate don't know as not used them myself but I've heard they are good 

i put some xenon's in my focus but had to change them over to pass mot need to swap them over again soon time soon 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smcmullan88 said:

No bother I did read that but there was conflicting views on it so I wasn't really sure.

I also read the brightest standard kind of bulb that u can get is the osram night breaker. Would they be bright white as opposed to yellow?

"Nightbreaker plus unlimited" are the latest version, 

Osram Cool Blue would be more white than the nightbreaker but not as bright.

Id put cool blue in dipped beam and fogs with nightbreaker in the high beam

• Like 2

What about the osram laser?

The 'lazer' is the latest in he nightbreaker range, the unlimited have been around for about 3-4 years now. The laser is a pure xenon whereas the unlimited is a xenon/halogen mix. The unlimited claims a 110% increase of light and the laser claims 130% . If you are going with Osram I would choose the Laser, they will look a lot crisper than halogen but will never look like LED. As @Lenny said, the cool blue will look a bit whiter but they won't be as good for 'useable' light on the roads. I have Phillips bulbs in my car and they are pretty good, claiming 130% increase, they are a nice colour too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks. I am looking for the cleanest white I can get from the bulbs that will fit the card. I actually looked at the Phillips and they do look rather nice. They seem to be the nicest white (Road legal may I add) that's available.

I'm pleased with the Phillips bulbs and they have been in the car for over 12 months now without issue. I do plan to do an HID conversion in the summer though, not for the colour, more for the light output.

• Like 2

I'm not going to upgrade I'll keep until my next car. I have super white led side lights which is why I was keen on upgrading the headlights. Do you think the Phillips would be best to get closer to this colour? I know it's not going to be identical but the best for the type of bulb being used?

Also do you have a pic for yours? Sorry lol

I don't at the moment, my car has been with ford for the last 3.5 weeks, I'm currently touring around in the sales managers Vignale lol

On 09/04/2017 at 9:57 PM, TangoDaz said:

i put some xenon's in my focus but had to change them over to pass mot need to swap them over again soon time soon 

Which is completely illegal to run Xenons in a non projection housing i.e standard reflectors without auto levelling and headlight washers. They will blind everyone, and will automatically void your insurance if you ever get into an accident.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club