Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going crazy over coil springs

muinatiT

Hello everyone,

I have a 2012 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Automatic (UK Car). A few days ago I went out for a drive and noticed an odd noise coming from the front of the car. Long story short - front OS coil spring has snapped at the base. I managed to wiggle out the broken piece.

Looking to replace the spring (and the one on the NS) but there seems to be some confusion with what springs my car needs.

3 Ford dealers have told me the part number I need is: 1547179

Searching through eBay and looking at genuine and non genuine springs this part points to fitments for Fiesta diesels.

Looking through some Fiesta specs from 2012 it looks like my automatic 1.4 petrol is closer in kerb weight to the 1.4 diesel manual, than the 1.4 petrol manual - so this makes me think why Ford say this is the spring for my car.

1547179 from a Ford dealer are £100 each!

I'm looking at Kilen springs, although the supplier I am talking to at the moment is trying to tell me that I should be going for the spring for the petrol 1.4 (the standard spring is 13446 and the part number for the lowered spring is 13448), whereas the Kilen part number for the Ford equivalent, 1547179, is 13447.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or been in the same situation? Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks! 

Try carparts4less and you can put your reg no in and they will look it up for you. They quoted £40.68 per spring for my 2013 Fiesta Ecomatic 100

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club