Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 1.6 Zetec

DAM13N

Hi Guys and Girls,

Im looking at refining my engine trying to give it that edge that i want. i think i have completed the styling i am looking at a induction kit? I Havent the clue when it comes to things like this only my second car, been looking at K&N?? Is it any good or am i throwing money down the drain, is there a better alternative out there that is more suited to the focus?? whats your opinions obs it will increase performce by a minor % and it will give the engine a nice grunt "so i read"...

Any ideas???

Cheers

Damien

Hi mate, ive got a 57i Knn kit on my 1.6 edge and if im honest it does make a TINY difference you'll get people saying about enclosed pipercross kits etc but they cost alot more and personally i cant see the point of spending a fortune on a 1.6 although if youve got the cash and are willing to splash go for one of those. The reason i put the knn on mine was purley for the noise it acctually scares people in the street muahaha what mk is your focus?

Mike

Hi mate, ive got a 57i Knn kit on my 1.6 edge and if im honest it does make a TINY difference you'll get people saying about enclosed pipercross kits etc but they cost alot more and personally i cant see the point of spending a fortune on a 1.6 although if youve got the cash and are willing to splash go for one of those. The reason i put the knn on mine was purley for the noise it acctually scares people in the street muahaha what mk is your focus?

Mike

I see your point with its only a 1.6 and the car is only worth X amount of money im not willing to MEGA amounts on it but there again its my pride and joy... if you understand that ha ha, yeh i was a little intregued to what enclosed pipercross kits gain in comparason to a k&n kit, apart from the cost....

do you notice much on fuel, performance - do you notice much through acceleration or top end.. although to be fair i`ve never raped mine through the gears and never will nor will i kill it on top end. ha ha

you fit it your self mate, pretty easy to do? i have MAS sensor on mine, whats that got to do with it all?

Mines a MK1 2000 X reg...

Cheers

Damien

I see your point with its only a 1.6 and the car is only worth X amount of money im not willing to MEGA amounts on it but there again its my pride and joy... if you understand that ha ha, yeh i was a little intregued to what enclosed pipercross kits gain in comparason to a k&n kit, apart from the cost....

do you notice much on fuel, performance - do you notice much through acceleration or top end.. although to be fair i`ve never raped mine through the gears and never will nor will i kill it on top end. ha ha

you fit it your self mate, pretty easy to do? i have MAS sensor on mine, whats that got to do with it all?

Damien

the best setup is with a k and n panel filter with the standard airbox induction kits lose power thats proven as the engine gets hotter only an enclosed system with heat shielding will do the job properly these are expensive so iuf you can ignore the fact you wont get the noise of an induction kit the standard box and performance panel filter is better

on cold days it feels alot more keen to pull of and go, raping it through the gears and driving like a !Removed! i got 200 miles to £20 got more with the standard air box on but only like an extra 10-20 miles nothing worth crying about and yea i get you on the caring about it part mate lol this is my 1st born and i love it to peices may "only be a focus" but its mine with my personal mark on it lol

Mike

ps dont no about the sensor mine just all plummed in its a very easy part to swap over to just be very careful it dosent rub on the underside of the bonnet and rub the paint off like mine did! !Removed! clips.

you want an induction then ive always used k and n dont worry about sensors the k and n comes with all the fittings not sure if it comes with a mounting bracket to stop it jumping around if not a simple l bracket with 2 self tappers will do the job of keeping the cone from rattling around

Artscot79 mate can see your point with the over heating, is there any kind of adaption were by a "funnel" type thing can be put through from the front vent to grab more cold air and push through to the induction kit.

Mike 20 quid gets you 200 miles.... 20 quid gets me 150, well 147. never rape it at all.. you got me thinking some thing could be wrong the way it eats fuel.... hhhhmmmm.... things for me to consider, do i want the grunty noise or not???? panel or induction???

agh i tell ya if i had a rolls royce parked on my drive i'd never be happy with it....

if i go for the panel i`ll end up wanting the induction kit..... however dont want to be overheating etc...

I think mines a little off its on a 2nd set of clocks and the car thinks its only done 3900 miles, either that or my focus is just a tad brilliant :P im not being funny though the trip does say once the lights come on after 20 quid top up its done around the 190-200 mile mark.

Mike

I think mines a little off its on a 2nd set of clocks and the car thinks its only done 3900 miles, either that or my focus is just a tad brilliant :P im not being funny though the trip does say once the lights come on after 20 quid top up its done around the 190-200 mile mark.

Mike

economy is dependant on so many things you may have n area with more hills so youll use more fuel you may use more electrics etc and then theres the price of the fuel how many litres does that 20 quid get you 1 gallon is equal to 4.55 litres so if i put 20 quid in at 1.06.9 a litre =18.7 litres divided by 4.55 is 4.1 gallons at 36mpg i should get 147.6miles total so depends on youre mpg even at 39mpg it would be 159.9 miles to get 200 miles youre mpg would need to be 49mpg and only the diesel will see those figures so youre fuel is right however if they had a fiver of fuel still in the tank and filled up they would have increased there miles at 39 mpg to 179.6 taking the reserve tank into account

the best way to set it up is get the induction kit and fit also buy a curved shaped heat shield that fits around the cone filter making sure that its covered at the top and sides facing the engine and have the open part of the heat shield facing the inner wing then get a cold air intake pipe all these are available at demon tweeks etc and run it from inside of the lower grill to 1.5 inch away from the cone at the open side of the shield this will keep cool air going to the filter and keep as much hot air away as possible sounds a lot but its not difficult half an hours work a cold air feed should cost no more than 15 quid or go to focus etc and get flexible plastic ducting its the same stuff anyway

yea could be a number of things i mean my normal driving i class is probs never going above 3000RPM, i probs go to 2500-2750 n change gear.... n well yeh mines done 50k however ive had it 3 months and its got a full ford Ford s/h even the original bill of invoice.... well looked after...

i decieced Has got to be a Induction kit, Artscot what this "rattling" around all about, i got a leaking cv boot in the rear and thats doing myhead in...

What sort of cash would i be looking for K&N Induction???

that sounds a neat idea with the heat shield cold air intake pipe, im going to look into that.... 15 quid or there about for garenteed cold air flow is deffo the way forward i think... just dont like the sound of over heating the cone...

cheers folks

i decieced Has got to be a Induction kit, Artscot what this "rattling" around all about, i got a leaking cv boot in the rear and thats doing myhead in...

CV boot in the rear???!!! :blink:

economy is dependant on so many things you may have n area with more hills so youll use more fuel you may use more electrics etc and then theres the price of the fuel how many litres does that 20 quid get you 1 gallon is equal to 4.55 litres so if i put 20 quid in at 1.06.9 a litre =18.7 litres divided by 4.55 is 4.1 gallons at 36mpg i should get 147.6miles total so depends on youre mpg even at 39mpg it would be 159.9 miles to get 200 miles youre mpg would need to be 49mpg and only the diesel will see those figures so youre fuel is right however if they had a fiver of fuel still in the tank and filled up they would have increased there miles at 39 mpg to 179.6 taking the reserve tank into account

round by me at the local bp its around the £1 2p mark going of what you say the fuel gage must be wrong because im not taking the mick out of you guys but it does say 190-200 miles it MUST have more petrol in the tank than what it is reading on the fuel gage to allow me to get this range if what your saying is correct. Most of my miles are commuter ones with only one hill to take into account rarley stopping for traffic lights etc and most of the time the car is in 5th gear crusing or 2nd under around 60-80% throttle (speed demon driver).

My mums r-reg mondeo had a sticking fuel gage doubt my car will also have this being an 04 plate focus *touch wood*

is it a cv boot??? i had a service at garage in september n i felt the back of a "plate" on the rear wheel passenger and i felt small vibrations went to the other side and there was no vibrations, he did tell me said would be about 40 quid to replace.. can not for the life of me remember what it was.... think it was a cv boot????

cheers mate was just going to go onto demon tweaks really appreciate that nice one

when you fit the cone its basically left loose with nowt to support it on my mates i got an l shaped bracket and fitted it onto the inner arch with 2 self tappers then you can nip a cable tie round the cone and through the bracket to keep it in place standard size is all you need

round by me at the local bp its around the £1 2p mark going of what you say the fuel gage must be wrong because im not taking the mick out of you guys but it does say 190-200 miles it MUST have more petrol in the tank than what it is reading on the fuel gage to allow me to get this range if what your saying is correct. Most of my miles are commuter ones with only one hill to take into account rarley stopping for traffic lights etc and most of the time the car is in 5th gear crusing or 2nd under around 60-80% throttle (speed demon driver).

My mums r-reg mondeo had a sticking fuel gage doubt my car will also have this being an 04 plate focus *touch wood*

those are the correct numbers for working out mpg so i cant say mate only that based on the figures theres either more fuel in the tank or the computers a bit optimistic

those are the correct numbers for working out mpg so i cant say mate only that based on the figures theres either more fuel in the tank or the computers a bit optimistic

Hopefully theres more fuel in the tank than the gague is telling me dont mind it under-reading abit its just playing in my mind now going to brim it and set the trip and see how much i get out of it driving normally and then like a mad man hopefully it wont be to far out

Mike

CV boot in the rear???!!! :blink:

Its called a Bearing i think it is????? its just come to me.. was bugging me to be honest... would you go for a genuine ford bearing or would it not matter, its on the rear passenger side??

Cheers Damien

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club