Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Problem

ŦĦΣ_ĐÏЯ†Ψ_ØИΞ69™

I have a new fiesta titanium and today it started to leave the audio system on after I press the power off on the car. I have tried to switch it off before shut down but that just leaves the date and time on the display. Any help would be grateful as i don't want to have a flat battery in the morning. Cheers!

Welcome to the FOC! :)

Sounds like you will need to book it into Ford for warranty work, not heard of this happening before. It's doubtful that it will run your battery down overnight, but if you are that worried you could always disconnect the battery to be sure. Will be a pain reconnecting in the morning though, as the temperature is sure to plum... but if you want to be sure...

I think i will leave it then and take it in tomorrow. I'll have a look again in a bit and see if the 1 hour times has switched it off aswel. Thanks for the welcome. Ive had 3 Fords and never new about this site but im glad ive found it. Cheers.

I think i will leave it then and take it in tomorrow. I'll have a look again in a bit and see if the 1 hour times has switched it off aswel. Thanks for the welcome. Ive had 3 Fords and never new about this site but im glad ive found it. Cheers.

You may find that disconnecting the battery overnight then reconnecting in the morning solves the problem, so it could be worth a try :)

Take care though, as I have already said, its dark and the temperature has started to plum.

Worth giving it a go, least then you dont have to be Carlos for a day ;)

DO you mean the radio stays on, or just the display?

If i'm thinking about the right thing, this has been a common feature (strange though it is) in the facelift Focus for the past 2 years. The dashboard display stays lit showing the time, mileage and temperature.

It goes off about 10 minutes after you switch the engine off. I've no idea why it's configured the way it is, but it's nothing to worry about :)

DO you mean the radio stays on, or just the display?

If i'm thinking about the right thing, this has been a common feature (strange though it is) in the facelift Focus for the past 2 years. The dashboard display stays lit showing the time, mileage and temperature.

It goes off about 10 minutes after you switch the engine off. I've no idea why it's configured the way it is, but it's nothing to worry about :)

if it is the above you mean...mine does the same, and I gota festa...it goes off once I lock the car...have you tried that??

The centre screen stays active and so does all the lights on the unit but the car is double locked and 1 hour has passed and the timer hasnt switched it off. I think takin the fuse out sounds like a good option at the moment.

Ive managed to get it sorted. I just removed and refitted the fuse and it reset itself. I just realised how bad the fusebox is. I checked the book which gave a fuse number but no numbers on the fuses great! after 1 wrong fuse i managed to get it and its the 2nd 7.5 from the left if anyone gets the problem. Cheers for the help every1!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I have a new fiesta titanium and today it started to leave the audio system on after I press the power off on the car. I have tried to switch it off before shut down but that just leaves the date and time on the display. Any help would be grateful as i don't want to have a flat battery in the morning. Cheers!

Hi,

Can i ask if you have had this happen frequently or was it a one off? Also what phone were you using....

Regards Nutty

This is completely normal, you'd be surprised the amount of people that ring us up when they get home saying their dash lights are still on after they lock the car. They can stay on for up to twenty minutes, not sure why but it's been the same for the last 3 years since I've been selling so don't worry your battery will be fine.

This is completely normal, you'd be surprised the amount of people that ring us up when they get home saying their dash lights are still on after they lock the car. They can stay on for up to twenty minutes, not sure why but it's been the same for the last 3 years since I've been selling so don't worry your battery will be fine.

Hi

I am aware that the display can stay on for a while after the car is locked, but the issue im looking into is as the first post describes i.e the audio unit stays on & the cluster is still illuminated... it continues to play the radio station, it wont switch off with the on/off switch the volume can still be turned up or down but the unit wont power down unless the fuse or battery lead is removed...

I'm aware of this on 2 other vehicles & the only common factor is the Blackberry Storm is the phone used... its not a listed compatable unit & may have an issue with the software in the nokia blue tooth module causing this problem...

Any feedback appreciated.

Nutty

I have a MK7 Fiesta and every time I leave a CD in the audio unit, within half an hour after locking (or double locking) the CD will begin to play. I'm not sure if it would go for the 1 Hour period or if it would just keep on going as I've watched it and the 'Ford Audio 1 Hour Play' doesn't appear when it turns on, as if the key is in the ignition. At first I thought there must have been something wrong with my Lily Allen CD, but it does it to every single CD I have tried. Probably just a software glitch that Ford can fix straight away.

• 4 months later...

This problem is caused by the use of mobile phones that are not compatible with the Nokia bluetooth module. The software is reading that the module is still in call when ign is turned off, it thinks your on a call & remains on.

The Blackberry Storm is the worst phone to cause the effect, Ford technical are aware of this & only recommend the use of phones listed on the web site http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/

Regards Nutty

This problem is caused by the use of mobile phones that are not compatible with the Nokia bluetooth module. The software is reading that the module is still in call when ign is turned off, it thinks your on a call & remains on.

The Blackberry Storm is the worst phone to cause the effect, Ford technical are aware of this & only recommend the use of phones listed on the web site http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/

Regards Nutty

I too find that if I leave a CD in the drive it often seems to switch itself on at random some time after the car's been locked. However my mobile's a Nokia 6300 - which is listed on Ford's website as fully compatible with the bluetooth module...!

it doesn t have to be a cd,i had the same problem once with an usb stick but i started the engine gave the sound system an on/of and stoped the engine....like that the problem was sloved...

• 4 years later...

Ive managed to get it sorted. I just removed and refitted the fuse and it reset itself. I just realised how bad the fusebox is. I checked the book which gave a fuse number but no numbers on the fuses great! after 1 wrong fuse i managed to get it and its the 2nd 7.5 from the left if anyone gets the problem. Cheers for the help every1!!!

I had the same problem and posted on here, but then saw this thread and I took the fuse (number 15 but no numbers on the fuse box so after taking the dashboard out tried the next 7.5) and sure enough it went off and now is ok. Time will tell if this turns into a feature of my new car, hopefully a 1 off, but I can deal with !Removed! around with a fuse rather than anything major!! :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...

The problem is on back of ignition switch its worn and send charges bk blowing fuse n keeping stereo lights on hence flat battery change ignition at back pop new fuse in and happy days fixed in no time all working lights go out wen lock car agian hope helps people happy fixing lol 

• 4 years later...
On 12/22/2009 at 9:04 PM, ŦĦΣ_ĐÏЯ†Ψ_ØИΞ69™ said:

Thanks - this has just worked for me on my sons car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club