Do Not Sell My Personal Information

full club meet up next year

InstructorPiggy

Full club meet  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If enough notice would you be up for a full club meet?

• YES!
    • Not really...
    • Maybe...
    • depend on date/location
    • want more details first!
  2. 2. lets start...what month preferred out of following...(can choose more than one!)

• April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September

Wanted to gauge interest for full club meet up next year...wonder if with enough notice, could all meet up somewhere central....maybe include camp overnight for those travelling long distance??

I not confirmed as a rep for me area...but be happy to sort out place/dates and will do best to get some company reps for different things, tools, cleaning products, tuning etc and Ford reps to bring some merchandise and maybe some new models of Ford to show off...done this before for other owners clubs :)

just as local meets never have enough numbers it would appear...

could do Ford thing...as I am member of FiestaNetwork and ZetecS network, could get them involved too...take over a whole site with Ford!! :lol:

sort out some driving lessons for those not driving yet...all way to 14year olds, as my insurance covers this...and maybe other instructors here could chip in! :)

:) Piggy :)

Sounds V good Piggy :)

TBH i'm up for a meet anytime! Sooner the better! :) Even if it's just a handful of us in a pub carpark!

Sounds good - however...

The regional meets were organised after a couple of failed national meet attempts - it was felt that these were too hard to get enough members together for (who don't all drop out last minute...) and so we decided to try the regional meets. These haven't worked either as of yet 1) because only one region has actually organised one, although another is trying and 2) BECAUSE PEOPLE ALWAYS DROP OUT LAST MINUTE (see a pattern? :lol:)

Piggy - I'm not sure which region you should be a rep for. We have the two midlands reps - I think you'd have to take one of the southwest roles, as you're pretty much on the cusp between the two areas.

I think the key thing with a meet is to not be too ambitious...

Sounds good - however...

The regional meets were organised after a couple of failed national meet attempts - it was felt that these were too hard to get enough members together for (who don't all drop out last minute...) and so we decided to try the regional meets. These haven't worked either as of yet 1) because only one region has actually organised one, although another is trying and 2) BECAUSE PEOPLE ALWAYS DROP OUT LAST MINUTE (see a pattern? :lol:)

Piggy - I'm not sure which region you should be a rep for. We have the two midlands reps - I think you'd have to take one of the southwest roles, as you're pretty much on the cusp between the two areas.

I think the key thing with a meet is to not be too ambitious...

Spot on Dan!

Regional is probably the way forward. Firstly establish some good regional meets, then it will be easier to do a national one, as you will get regions signing up as opposed to individuals.

The way I see it is that the meets become 'over-organised' - planned months in advance - loads of hype - loads of randoms with low post counts bulking up the numbers never to be seen again - locations selected to benefit people who then drop out - financial issues arising because some people have to travel quite a distance

We need groups of people from each region who can say on a monday "lets meet this sunday afternoon" and stick to it. Get it going regular maybe once a month and establish groups of dedicated 'active' club members. Maybe then we can bring the regions together to form a national meet.

We have to get so a stage when somebody can post in the forums saying something like "who wants to meet at [place] in [town] this weekend?" then for there to be a decent response, and a meet that actually happens.

I dont know what all this stuff about 'reps' is supposed to mean, as I dont see many of these so called reps actually doing anything that merits the title of 'rep'. one of the reps cant even drive their own car! so maybe thats a pointer as to why meets are failing too!!!

Also the 'areas' that these reps are supposed to be representing are a bit laughable. I mean south east, the area is easily 200 miles across and includes London! Are people really likely to drive half way round the M25 just to meet a hand full of members 90 odd miles away? I dont think so.

I think we need to rejig the regions. Hertfordshire alone deserves its own rep! Maybe part of a region that includes Herts Beds Bucks and Essex. And we need reps who actually put some effort in!

all IMHO of course :)

thats why I was considering a camp...have to pay in advance...likely to turn up then! :lol:

also arranging a date 6-10months in advance!

I think the poll at the top of the page sort of sums up the problem we have with meets

ie: half the people dont even know if they are gonna bother showing up and there is complete disagreement on dates!

I agree that the 'repping' areas are a bit large - but they work for other forums such as ZSOC.

Jonny - you missed the Midlands organised meet attempt - that 'the person who can't even drive his own car' put a hell of a lot of time into. I was very glad to have him on board, in the end however everyone dropped out and the meet was going to be just the two mid reps, so we binned it.

Everything seemed to go well on that proposed meet - we polled the date, then had an extended chatzy discussion knocking out the details - I even got us a ticket discount at Drayton Manor, then loads of people backed out. And Piggy - the November meet was arranged 4 months ahead, it just gives people more time to back out :lol:

Fair points Dan as always. Believe me if I had been around at the time of the Midlands meet I would have attended, even though im not in the Midlands! I have also attempted to organise a meet over the course of about 6 weeks or so and it also failed

Here's one for you Dan... How about some of the more time served members (ie: the members who would almost certainly turn up to any meet) organise a short notice meet, some time wirthin the next three weeks. Nothing major. Not really even a proper meet, more like a gathering. With the following principles:

1. Anybody can turn up without even saying they will

2. The people who say they will go absolutely must go no matter what

3. As long as there are at least two people who are 100% confirmed on the day of the meet - it will go ahead, no matter what

4. If the meet goes ahead then any no-shows will be ignored at any future meet attempts as they will have lost integrity

I will give my own 100% guarantee of attendance

Other people that come to mind as particularly solid member for meet purposes: DanGull, MichaelP, Piggy (list not exhaustive - Some other time served members would be here but they have not been around much recently)

So what do you think? Say 10th Jan, mid afternoon, at some easy to reach service station on the M1 or similar. Maybe a brief convoy to a nearby country pub for a good chat about future larger meets?

Could any of you guys commit to that? Will be interesting to see what response this gets

wow aren't you all the positive thinking ambitious type!! :rolleyes:

Are you not listening? :lol:

We've both organised meets in the past - using these exact same methods - as have others (Mark MK for example...) and they have failed for the reasons given to you, we're trying to make sure that whatever is organised next actually works, but if you want to use the same failed methods again, you go right ahead.

Jonny - I think that's a good plan. I can't do the 9th/10th weekend as I'm booked to work, but have nothing on the other Jan weekends that I know off. I know Michael P will want to come, other suggestions are yourself, Flic, Piggy, Mark MK, and Welshie Miles if he ever shows his face again :lol:

We've both organised meets in the past - using these exact same methods - as have others (Mark MK for example...) and they have failed for the reasons given to you, we're trying to make sure that whatever is organised next actually works, but if you want to use the same failed methods again, you go right ahead.

Jonny - I think that's a good plan. I can't do the 9th/10th weekend as I'm booked to work, but have nothing on the other Jan weekends that I know off. I know Michael P will want to come, other suggestions are yourself, Flic, Piggy, Mark MK, and Welshie Miles if he ever shows his face again :lol:

i work sat mornings....but after that I am goooorrrd! :)

Nice one Dan. We could call it Sunday 17th. Location should probably be decided by a compromise as there will never be 100% agreement. Going by my previous post the following motorway locations are available:

Toddington, Newport Pagnall, Northampton, Watford Gap

As already stated this is a test of dedicated FOC members on their ability to attend

I suggest that once we have at least three members decided on location and time we should crack open a fresh topic in the Fiesta forum as this forum doesn't seem to monitored much by FOC members. Goes without saying that there should be no editing of the plan to accomodate.

Would have to give the meet a miss due to distance :( Damn England being so big :lol:

Yes Gaz. But you have more snow. Snow FTW

I'm up for the 17th. I was a drop out last time due to my best friend needing a lift back from the airport which I hadn't planned for! However, she won't be on holiday and Sunday's are mostly spent hungover, so a pub lunch is just the cure!

Count me in duuuuuudes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club