Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changed stereo mk2.5

Dave1981

took the plunge n removed the stock sony dab unit from my mk2.5 and fitted a pioneer mvh av290bt unit.. 

Only snag i seem to have is when the unit is fully pushed back into the centre console the steering remote stops working. When i release it and bring it out it works, obviously the cable is trapping somewhere and interrupting the signal. But my main query is where shud i mount the ext mic for bluetooth? Manual says either sun visor or steering column!! But that sounds stupid.

Where have other ppl put ext mics?

If the cable is long enough run it under the dash, up behind the A pillar trim and up to the courtesy light surround.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

took the plunge n removed the stock sony dab unit from my mk2.5 and fitted a pioneer mvh av290bt unit.. 

Only snag i seem to have is when the unit is fully pushed back into the centre console the steering remote stops working. When i release it and bring it out it works, obviously the cable is trapping somewhere and interrupting the signal. But my main query is where shud i mount the ext mic for bluetooth? Manual says either sun visor or steering column!! But that sounds stupid.

Where have other ppl put ext mics?

Pioneer AVH-8600BT 

IMG_20141201_125920_zpsohlkwzh_edit_1417

Also if your Pioneer headunit supports the self calibration microphone;  I can land it to you for optimum audio 

IMG_20141122_083016_zpsptwlzrya.jpg

IMG_20141122_083006_zpsamnblvpc.jpg

IMG_20141205_105124_zpsdfszs9lq.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club