Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav volume

mcfcjoe

Fellow edge owners I am hoping someone can tell me how to turn up the volume on the sat Nav. The radio volume is fine but when directions are announced I can hardly hear the ladies voice.

thanks

Whilst the nav voice is giving instructions simply turn the volume knob the same as when controlling your music volume.

That doesn't seem right should be at the same level as the radio ?

The navigation and radio levels are independent.

7 hours ago, mcfcjoe said:

That doesn't seem right should be at the same level as the radio ?

Not according to Ford!

My previous car needed volumes set as Stoney871 describes so this setup is not new. Because when the Sat Nav speaks it mutes the radio it doesn't matter they are set differently but you can set them to be the same if you prefer it that way. Personally, i prefer her to remain silent:)

Previous cars that I've had with built-in sat, have all muted the radio when giving instructions. On the Edge, it would appear that Sync, radio, satnav and in-call volumes are set independently. Weird...

I prefer it that way, I like listening to my music loud(ish) when I'm driving but I don't want the sat nav lady to scream directions at me - if I wanted that I'd just give the wife a map [emoji87]
In built up areas I'd obviously have my music lower but on the motorway or A roads I'd have it louder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mcfcjoe said:

Fellow edge owners I am hoping someone can tell me how to turn up the volume on the sat Nav. The radio volume is fine but when directions are announced I can hardly hear the ladies voice.

thanks

As Stoney871 says ... but if you miss the announcement, there is a button somewhere (can't remember where without sitting in the car) that will repeat the last instruction, giving you a better chance to adjust the volume as its being said!

The volume 'chime' on my over the speed limit isn't loud enough on mine, but I cant figure how to make that louder!

I wish the volume settings for each of the audio 'sources' could be set in one place, a bit like setting the levels for notifications, media, system, ringtones, etc on your phone. That would have made for a better UI experience.

• Like 1

As Stoney871 says ... but if you miss the announcement, there is a button somewhere (can't remember where without sitting in the car) that will repeat the last instruction, giving you a better chance to adjust the volume as its being said!
The volume 'chime' on my over the speed limit isn't loud enough on mine, but I cant figure how to make that louder!
I wish the volume settings for each of the audio 'sources' could be set in one place, a bit like setting the levels for notifications, media, system, ringtones, etc on your phone. That would have made for a better UI experience.

The button is at the top right hand side of the screen, I forget what it looks like but it is definitely in that corner.

It's really strange you mention the 'chime' for overspeed because I heard mine for the first time today. I have never heard it before and I use the limiter all the time. When should it go off? I think I only heard it when it went over due to an incline on the road which the engine couldn't control the car and keep it below the limited speed. If I went over the limit by using the accelerator it didn't make a sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club