Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Fiesta Aux Line In Doesn't Work

DreadAlert

Hey guys.

I got my first car today, a 2010 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4. It has bluetooth and everything seems to be working perfectly except the AUX port, although I haven't tried the USB yet either. <That's what it looks like in my car, but that pic isn't mine. 

When I plug my phone in there is a bit of a noise that makes me think that it is connected, like you can hear a little bit of electrical noise come through the Speakers as it's plugged into the phone, but other than that I can't get it to play through the Speakers at all. bluetooth music works fine. Any idea what the issue might be? I read somewhere it might be a software update? 

Thanks.

I have a Fiesta Zetec 09 1.4 with exactly the same issue, apart from my cable doesn't sit tight in the aux port, it sits loose, so I'm assuming it has worn away on the inside, could be a common fault, priced up the aux port and USB on eBay found one for £30, hop this helps.

31 minutes ago, FiestaZetec09 said:

I have a Fiesta Zetec 09 1.4 with exactly the same issue, apart from my cable doesn't sit tight in the aux port, it sits loose, so I'm assuming it has worn away on the inside, could be a common fault, priced up the aux port and USB on eBay found one for £30, hop this helps.

Ah okay - Yeah it feels a little weird on my aux port too - Doesn't sit loose but something isn't right. Have been reading around and apparently they're just poorly made in general. Wonder how I'd fix this...

Did you get this car from a dealer in the last 30 days? By law they have to sort it out or you can demand your money back it's all in the Consumer Rights Act

Have you tried the phone plugged into another aux port using the same cable you are using now? bluetooth Speakers often have a 3.5mm jack that you can plug into. That way you can eliminate the phone and cable as being the cause of the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Did you get this car from a dealer in the last 30 days? By law they have to sort it out or you can demand your money back it's all in the Consumer Rights Act

Yeah will get in contact as soon as possible. 

Clicked the little panel out myself with a knife to check the wiring. Everything looked fine, but I just double checked that everything was connected properly and now it works! Still can't figure out USB though..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club