Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A series of worsening events

MarcHilton

Hi guys,

I posted on here a few months back about my problems with my Focus 1.6 tdci estate (110hp). I was having intermittent drops of turbo boost which would occur randomly and usually reset with turning the ignition off then back on again. Well still not fathomed that one yet, but I have since had to change my injector seals due to one particularly bad one on no.3. So a few weeks ago I did it all, and blanked up my egr valve. Had a bad leak from the HP lines so had to nip them all up. It drove fine for a few weeks but seemed down on power and still the same lack of turbo boost almost all the time.

Then it threw up a few faults. Egr blocked/high + low circuit codes. Turbo boost low. So I removed the blanking plate from the egr and had the fault codes removed. Got some turbo boost back again with the same issue as before. After a week or so I noticed the familiar smell of exhaust and that little "chirping" sound from the engine bay; the injector seals again! This time on no.1 and no.3. So off it all came again. As it was off the car I cleaned out the egr valve and it was still freely moving. This time I tried as hard as possible to clean the seats and have put it all back together. The plot now thickens.

When I tried to start the car it just turned and turned and turned. Not even an attempt to cough into life. The last 2 times I've had the injectors or HP lines off it has always turned, splattered then eventually self-bled and started. Nothing. Tried bleeding the fuel through the filter with a hand pump. Still nothing. Tried a new egr valve as I heard a stuck valve can prevent proper starting. Nothing. Brilliant.

I'm absolutely stumped. It seems to be a fuelling issue, but I can hear the fuel going through the pipes at the back of the bay when I used the hand pump. I'm totally wracking my brains but I'm not very in the know with common rail diesels tbh. 

Can anybody help me out?

And well done for reading this far :-D

Marc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club