Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper blades

lloydyyy

My Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blades are starting to squeak when wiping the windscreen. They're a year and a half old and I've tried polishing the windscreen, cleaning the blades, etc. but no luck. I think it's time to replace them.

I've seen the cheap Aero Vu ones from Ace Car Parts on eBay for £6 delivered - seems too cheap but a few forum threads have suggested that these blades aren't bad. I've also seem wiperblades.co.uk's own brand which is tempting. I would go for the Bosch blades again but I would've expected them to last longer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't really like the Bosch ones.

Usually I go for Ford - despite being a little expensive, they do last quite well...ignore the yellow spot and do what everyone else does - use you're own judgement when it comes to replacement.

Saying that, the cheap Tesco aero-flats used to be pretty good!! Think I had 3 sets on my old Punto - over about 3 years - so yeah, got a good year out of 'em.  Not bad at £4 a blade lol

• Like 1

Idealy blades should be replaced every year. If the Bosch blades have given you satisfaction and confidence, replace like for like. Cheap unknown blades are a liability especially at night.

ww.ebay.co.uk/itm/321881714511?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182039358562?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies, folks. I'll stick to the Bosch blades. Wiperblades.co.uk have a 20% off sale at the moment, so it's cheaper for me to buy the blades from them smile

In fact, wiperblades.co.uk have the H282 rear blade whereas CarParts4Less have the SP11 rear blade which is much cheaper. Is there any difference between the blades?

I've always purchased these blades off eBay, dirt cheap and work well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Rear-Wiper-Blades-Ford-Fiesta-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-/230952858195?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFiesta&hash=item35c5dcf253:m:m60z37VMA97dgBOz9bEyiEQ

Told my missus it was time to renew them again, worked well for 2 years and can't grumble for £15 for the set.

But what did make me grumble is she told my Son to fetch me a set! He went to Halfords and came back with a Bosch set for over £30 quid! Nearly had an heart attack!! Two months down the line and the driver-side wiper now shakes as it wipes.... not happy.

I've tested many a wiper blade. The one brand that has proven itself to be crap on any car I've put it on is Halfords own. Beyond this I've found the Bosch ones to be the best. But they are pricey. Heard good things about Valeo who many manufacturers also use.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

I've tested many a wiper blade. The one brand that has proven itself to be crap on any car I've put it on is Halfords own. Beyond this I've found the Bosch ones to be the best. But they are pricey. Heard good things about Valeo who many manufacturers also use.

Had Valeo blades on my fiesta mk6 and loved them. Bought two sets of 'cheap' blades for our focus from amazon and took them off after a week and replaced them with Bosch ones, like you said, pricey but you get what you pay for.....

• Like 1

+1 for Valeo blades and Bosch of course.
I agree with @karl46 blades should be replaced after a year. I don't tend to stick to that and change them when they need changing, anything over a year and I'm happy. If it's less I grumble lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Really appreciate the advice :) Thanks, all. I've ordered the Bosch AeroTwin front blades and the rear wiper from wiperblades.co.uk. I found a 10% off voucher so I had a discount on top of the 20% off sale at the moment. The blades including delivery were £24.70 - not bad! They didn't stock the Valeo blades for my car so I went with Bosch instead.

• Like 1

I would also recommend Bosch; I have them on my front windshield and they work great, even during winter/snow. I've replaced my rear blade with a genuine Ford one and it doesn't seem to wipe the entire area, it did at first but now it misses certain areas; so I'd stick to Bosch.

• 8 months later...

I am boosting this thread as I am about to purchase new wipers as well.

I am considering this set, but if you can suggest me a similar one at a lower cost, that´d be welcome, however, I am willing to pay the little extra for the best quality. 

Would the Bosch A955S Aerotwin Wiper Blades fit my Fiesta mk7 2010?

It looks like they would, but I rather be sure. Thanks! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club