Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlamp bulb cover/mirror lens

Eddieboi

Hi all, 

When I had a accident back in 2014 one of my headlamps had to be replaced as it was buggered, I noticed in one of my headlamps there is this reflective cover that covers the bulb, however its missing in the other headlamp and I am trying to source out where I can get a replacement as I plan to upgrade my bulbs as I don't particularly like distance I can see when driving at night etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can possible find one? If thats not the case I am guessing I might have to buy new headlamps and if thats so I would probably not go for the standard ones again that would come with the car originally.

I own a 2008 Mk6 (I think its mk6 from my research I have done (built 2008 April) fiesta.

Any help or advise for any of above would be appreciated.

Ed

Do you mean a reflective cap that sits in front of the bulb? I'm not sure you can get a replacement as you wouldn't be able to fit it without taking the lamp assembly apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Do you mean a reflective cap that sits in front of the bulb? I'm not sure you can get a replacement as you wouldn't be able to fit it without taking the lamp assembly apart.

Yes thats the part I'm looking for 

Ok, I'm really not sure if you can buy that part although I may be wrong. It sounds like you have had the wrong headlight version fitted. A trip to Ford would confirm this I think

Is the reflective cap essential?

I've noticed one headlamp shines further than the other. 

Plus I've ordered some new Philips H4 X-Treme bulbs.  

Do you get drivers flashing you? The 'cup' looks reflective on the outside and inside it is non-reflective, it's purpose is to block unusable light from being emitted. Without it the headlight will have an altered pattern with light spill, this is worse for oncoming vehicles in bad weather. Most bulbs have a coating on the tip of the bulb, this is designed to do the same job, however it does not do it well hence the shields in the lamp unit.

I would say that it is required on the car, unfortunately [emoji53]

Luckily no I haven't had any drivers flash me, nor was it picked up an issue at the last two mots I had. 

• Like 1

That's lucky then, leave well alone and just pop the new bulbs in and see how they go. I have Phillips bulbs, the +130% ones and I do really like them. The bulbs you have do have a painted cap

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club