Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec Mod Newbie Questions

eimajjjj

So, my car:

Fiesta 2014 1.0L EcoBoost 100PS, Race Red

VIN Number:  WF0CXXGAKCEY21421
Registration Number:  GJ14YRX

My questions:

1) Does that make my car Mk 7 or Mk 7.5 and is that simply the difference between the Zetec and Zetec S (How are these different, I know the ST is in its own league)

2) I'm after getting the ST look plus more. Currently have had an engine remap from 98 to 160bhp courtesy of Celtic Tuning. Do I need an induction kit and/or can it get any faster?

3) Anyone got a HoneyCoombe Grill/ST Spoiler/Splitters/Deflectors/ST Seats they're selling or can they put me to the best place to get them as eBay not coming up gold. Bascially, anything ST related.

4) Thinking of getting the Lowing Suspension kit by Eibach from pumaspeed but can I lower the car with splitters too?

5) Can I put 16" alloys on when I've 15" alloys as standard and is wheelbase a good place to shop?

Honestly, the amount of money I'm about to spend to get my ecoboost 1.0 to just look like the ST, I might as well have got the ST. Answers to above appreciated plus any other recommendations/advice/warnings!

cc.jpg

1. Mk 7.5

Zetec/Zetec S are trim levels. Yours looks like a Zetec

2. Induction kit may or may not help depending on the tune. Ask your tuner. 

3. Are you aware the whole ST front bumper is different. Not just the grill. And th rear diffuser  and rear spoiler  

4. Splitters make the car appear lower but do not lower the car. 

5. You can fit 16 or 17" wheels.  As long as the rolling circumference is roughly the same as your current then the speedo will remain roughly accurate. You do this by fitting lower profile tyres. Most dealers will have an online calculator to determine the best fit. 

35 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

1. Mk 7.5

Zetec/Zetec S are trim levels. Yours looks like a Zetec

2. Induction kit may or may not help depending on the tune. Ask your tuner. 

3. Are you aware the whole ST front bumper is different. Not just the grill. And th rear diffuser  and rear spoiler  

4. Splitters make the car appear lower but do not lower the car. 

5. You can fit 16 or 17" wheels.  As long as the rolling circumference is roughly the same as your current then the speedo will remain roughly accurate. You do this by fitting lower profile tyres. Most dealers will have an online calculator to determine the best fit. 

Thanks for the answers, In relation to 3 (grill) and 4 (splitter).

3. Will I have to replace both the grill and bumper separately then, maybe gettingthe grill first then bumper after or can I get the whole st grill/front bumper as a package?

4. If I'm getting it lowered is there no point getting splitters as well then? My point is can I get it lowered AND splitters or will that bring it too close to the ground?

Also, what mods have you got or plan on getting? 

1 hour ago, eimajjjj said:

Thanks for the answers, In relation to 3 (grill) and 4 (splitter).

3. Will I have to replace both the grill and bumper separately then, maybe gettingthe grill first then bumper after or can I get the whole st grill/front bumper as a package?

4. If I'm getting it lowered is there no point getting splitters as well then? My point is can I get it lowered AND splitters or will that bring it too close to the ground?

Also, what mods have you got or plan on getting? 

If you want a full replica ST then you need a full ST bumper, grill, fog inserts etc. they are totally different shapes from the non-ST. There is no commonality. If you're just looking for ST inspired then the Zetec S or Chinese copy are your main options. 

How far you lower it (30, 35, 50, 60 mm springs or coilovers) and the roads you drive on will depend on whether the side splitters (which need to be added to the side skirts which you don't yet have in your pic) will be damaged. There's no set answer. It depends on the look you're going for, your driving style and the local roads. 

I have a build thread here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/87641-thaifiestas-mk75-fiesta-ecoboost/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club