Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7.5 Fiesta, Which Tyre size?

Banana Co

Hi all, I'm getting a little confused on my tyres, there is some cracking on the tread on my rear tyres. I suspect they are the originals (Conti 2) and they match the size shown on ETIS 195,55,15

When I purchased the car the dealer went out of their way to fit the cheapest tyres known to man (Luckyland Happy Gallops) 195,50,15 (I intent to change those at somepoint but I may as well get some wear from them before I do.)

However when looking for tyres i'm often given other specifications on my registration, often finding 195,55,15 is not one of them.

I'm inclined to think 195,55,15 is the preferred option but i'm curious to know what others have bought?

Hi There,

Mine are Delinte DH2. 195/45R16 - Fiesta Zetec S 63 plate

I've got 15" rims, can I use 45 profile?

different sizes again it seems.... hmmmm

It would help if you posted what model, year and engine type and size you have, Otherwise it's just looking into the dark.

• Like 2

If you use 45 profiles the speedo will not show a true reading. They will make your rolling distance shorter. If you want 45 profiles you will need 17 inch rims.

• Like 1

There should be a plate on one of the door pillars with your tyre size on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, its a 2014 1.00 (100) Ecoboost. I'm not after anything fancy, just what Ford would recommend.
I'll check inside the door. Thanks

195,55,15 on the door. Which is a size not listed when entering the reg on a load of tyre sites. still i'll go with that. thanks everyone.

Blackcircles lists around 120 different tyre choices for 195/55R15. Are you sure you're not inputting the sizes wrong?

my 2015 fiesta tyre pressure sticker on door pillar lists many different size tyres, it seems a generic sticker for all fiestas. I have 175/65/14 because it is diesel econetic.

you don't say what your mileage is. I would expect your rear tyres to last 40-50k miles so if you are less than that then they could be originals and if that matches ETIS which you say it does then I would think 195,55,15 is correct.  But if you have a mk7.5 they should not really be old enough to be cracking I would have thought.

1 hour ago, MJNewton said:

Blackcircles lists around 120 different tyre choices for 195/55R15. Are you sure you're not inputting the sizes wrong?

Apologies Banana Co; I just re-read that you said you were putting your reg in to the tyre sites and not the tyre sizes.

According to the brochure (page 45) 195/55 tyres are the size supplied for the stock 15" wheels so I'd go with that and input the sizes manually to tyre sites.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, isetta said:

my 2015 fiesta tyre pressure sticker on door pillar lists many different size tyres, it seems a generic sticker for all fiestas. I have 175/65/14 because it is diesel econetic.

you don't say what your mileage is. I would expect your rear tyres to last 40-50k miles so if you are less than that then they could be originals and if that matches ETIS which you say it does then I would think 195,55,15 is correct.  But if you have a mk7.5 they should not really be old enough to be cracking I would have thought.

its got 28k on the clock and they are conti premium contact 2's I assume they are the originals, but I guess they are over three years old now. The cracking is only in the ridges of the tyre, not the outer wall or anything. I've ordered some Dunlop Blue earths.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club