Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iphone USB Connectivity issue on and off

BigDaveRS

Hi guys,

Can someone please help with this issue, i'm using an iPhone 6 via USB to play music through the car, sometimes when i connect it, bang straight on and fine, no issues and can control everything fine from the steering wheel but other times i connect my phone... NOTHING, jack *****, can disconnect it, turn the car off then on again turn the phone off and on again and nout NADA.

This is single handedly one of THE most annoying issues I've ever had with a car, considering when i'm in the car i'm kind of in a hurry to be somewhere, not wanting to sit there ***** about with a lead for twenty minutes haha.

PLEASE HELP

How new/old is your iPhone 6? It's possible that either your cable has an issue or the port on your phone has an issue. Does it charge fine by its self or do you have to wiggle the cable to get it to charge? And do you have any issues connecting the phone to a PC? 

10 minutes ago, m_fairfax said:

How new/old is your iphone 6? It's possible that either your cable has an issue or the port on your phone has an issue. Does it charge fine by its self or do you have to wiggle the cable to get it to charge? And do you have any issues connecting the phone to a PC? 

iPhone 6 is 2 years old but in pristine condition, has always been, the cable is also brand new and has no connection problems when connecting to the pc.

Make sure its set to USB output and not bluetooth

Check the output by swiping up to contol centre, and checking its not on SYNC and instead through 'Dock Connector'.

I reccommend using bluetooth and charging your phone using the cigarette lighter. Works much better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lwatson99 said:

Make sure its set to USB output and not Bluetooth. 

Check the output by swiping up to contol centre, and checking its not on SYNC and instead through 'Dock Connector'.

I reccommend using Bluetooth and charging your phone using the cigarette lighter. Works much better

I didn't know this was a thing, ill check that out tonight when i'm back in.

Also can you play music through bluetooth? I tried this and it never worked for me like.

17 hours ago, BigDaveRS said:

I didn't know this was a thing, ill check that out tonight when i'm back in.

Also can you play music through Bluetooth? I tried this and it never worked for me like.

I've got a 62 plate Zetec Fiesta and mine plays through bluetooth like a dream.

To open it up to bluetooth, go to Aux, and keep pressing the Aux button until it allows for bluetooth or gives you the option to choose devices. 

You may have to manually select your phone/ipod/whatever the first time however after that it should do it automatically.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lwatson99 said:

I've got a 62 plate Zetec Fiesta and mine plays through bluetooth like a dream.

To open it up to bluetooth, go to Aux, and keep pressing the Aux button until it allows for Bluetooth or gives you the option to choose devices. 

You may have to manually select your phone/ipod/whatever the first time however after that it should do it automatically.

Yeah i figured this out last night, was a pain to finally do but once it connected it works like a dream, drains the phone battery something fierce though haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigDaveRS said:

Yeah i figured this out last night, was a pain to finally do but once it connected it works like a dream, drains the phone battery something fierce though haha.

Yeh iPhone's have this problem, hence use the 12v cigarette charger and you're onto a winner. Enjoy the convenience! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club