Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mysterious Ford!

Incontro

So leaving work today, head to the car park to my car, to find a blue new-shape Mondeo Estate parked next to me.

Except it's got all four windows fully down. With the owner nowhere to be seen.

As I go right next to it, to open my own door, the mirrors on it suddenly fold.

I assume these things can be remotely controlled via a smartphone app or something, and the owner was obsessively "guarding" his precious car from afar or something?

Or were the electronics on it simply screwfed, and it was doing things of it's own?

Some insight would be appreciated!! :ohmy:

i think you parked next to 2017 version of KIT haha be strange that but sounds cool if they were remotely controlling the electronics.

18 hours ago, Incontro said:

So leaving work today, head to the car park to my car, to find a blue new-shape Mondeo Estate parked next to me.

Except it's got all four windows fully down. With the owner nowhere to be seen.

As I go right next to it, to open my own door, the mirrors on it suddenly fold.

I assume these things can be remotely controlled via a smartphone app or something, and the owner was obsessively "guarding" his precious car from afar or something?

Or were the electronics on it simply screwfed, and it was doing things of it's own?

Some insight would be appreciated!! :ohmy:

Given that it is a Ford, I'd say that's very likely... :rolleyes:

On 4/20/2017 at 8:19 AM, AlexBartlam said:

i think you parked next to 2017 version of KIT haha be strange that but sounds cool if they were remotely controlling the electronics.

KIT? Am I getting old? lol

On 4/20/2017 at 1:38 PM, jmurray01 said:

Given that it is a Ford, I'd say that's very likely... :rolleyes:

Hmm, I guess that's the most sensible/likely option :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Incontro said:

KIT? Am I getting old? lol

Hmm, I guess that's the most sensible/likely option :rolleyes:

Knightlogo.png

• Like 1

There is a good range on the fobs so it's possible the owner was sat in his office and sat on his remote, pressing and holding the unlock button to drop all the windows and when he moved off the key the auto relock kicked in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

There is a good range on the fobs so it's possible the owner was sat in his office and sat on his remote, pressing and holding the unlock button to drop all the windows and when he moved off the key the auto relock kicked in!

Makes sense, but when the mirrors folded, the windows didn't go back up? Surely if it was locking, they would go up?

Strange...

I know a few people who have aftermarket alarm systems which are linked to the cars electronics so the windows can go up or down mirrors fold in and out depending on where a person is stood according the the alarm systems sensors. So maybe it's an aftermarket alarm system like viper or similar?

5 hours ago, Incontro said:

Makes sense, but when the mirrors folded, the windows didn't go back up? Surely if it was locking, they would go up?

Strange...

On my previous focus I could lock the doors and the mirrors would fold in, but all the windows would stay open. Had to long press the lock button after locking before windows would close. Perhaps his has the global open / close and he was trying to close them from afar?

• Like 1

My MK5 is the same as you describe @mike6688 you can lock the doors and the mirrors fold in, any open windows remain so unless you have long pressed as you say. My bet is still on my first comment @Incontro I think there are arguments for and against the Windows closing when you simply lock the car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club