Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 Focus Wing mirror

Braders

Hi,

some idiots decided to kick my drivers side wing mirror off my car, i have a replacement but its just black, they didnt do any others on the website, i was wondering whether i could somehow swap over the back covers of the mirror from my old one and transfer it onto my new one so it matches the car?

thanks

Hi,

some idiots decided to kick my drivers side wing mirror off my car, i have a replacement but its just black, they didnt do any others on the website, i was wondering whether i could somehow swap over the back covers of the mirror from my old one and transfer it onto my new one so it matches the car?

thanks

yes you can certainly remove the covers, i had to do this when i resprayed mine. its best if you remove the mirror glass and then start pushing the cover from the inside, you will be able to see where it clips on also.

yes you can certainly remove the covers, i had to do this when i resprayed mine. its best if you remove the mirror glass and then start pushing the cover from the inside, you will be able to see where it clips on also.

Not strictly the easier way. The easier way is to look under the mirror. You'll see where to insert a screwdriver the push the clips out at the bottom. Theres no clips at the top so this is the easier option.

Not strictly the easier way. The easier way is to look under the mirror. You'll see where to insert a screwdriver the push the clips out at the bottom. Theres no clips at the top so this is the easier option.

i did try that but made an epic failure of it as i started to damage the edge of the plastic, so i just opted to push it out from the inside.

You can push them from the inside if you move the mirror on the outside edge you can pop the edge out out to get it started. Saves removing the glass.

You can push them from the inside if you move the mirror on the outside edge you can pop the edge out out to get it started. Saves removing the glass.

probably what i should have done, i broke one of the mirrors putting it back on :lol:

First time I took mine off I damaged the black plastic but managed to repair it ok. A mate in a body shop showed me how to get them off easily.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club