Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Plastic cleaner for interior

jace1969

What cleaning stuff do you use for the interior plastics,the grainy ones like round the gear surround and the sill coves inside.

I only have normal polish and when dry I get white marks not the original colour and would it be ok for dash

as well,think it's a silicon based stuff.

23 hours ago, Roker99 said:

Baby's wipes do the job well 

Don't these turn it white when it dries,the main parts are the gear surround and sill plastic,tried a few stuff but when it dries it still has the

marks,its like it dries the plastic out or something putting it in a weird way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Don't these turn it white when it dries,the main parts are the gear surround and sill plastic,tried a few stuff but when it dries it still has the

marks,its like it dries the plastic out or something putting it in a weird way.

I have never had any probs at all with it going white in my Focus or Nisan 

maybe just check first on a tiny path of the surround and see what happens 

13 hours ago, Roker99 said:

I have never had any probs at all with it going white in my Focus or Nisan 

maybe just check first on a tiny path of the surround and see what happens 

I will try some,i ask because there are loads of plastic cleaning stuff out there which leaves a original finish but tried a few.

Did try the old Back to Black which is ok but stinks and very tacky after/sticky.

cant go wrong with autobrite, im slowly converting im in love with the shampoo and metal wax so im investing more in them, at the min i use auto glym interior shampoo it works a treat on all interior surfaces like plastics, seats and door cards, only interior cleaner i use so far. 

So, without using overpriced "scenetaxed" products

Simply purchase some Valetpro or Gtechniq (my two favorite APC) all purpose cleaner and dilute down accordingly. 

If it's just dust then something as simple as a good quality silicone free interior dressing would do the job 

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk 

Discount available for Forum Supporters under the "discount" section of FOC

baby wipes or what I use now - a detailing brush with CIF Multipurpose cleaner (£1 per bottle) and a microfiber towel to dry and buff. if you are feeling particularly saucy, throw a bit of "Poorboys Natural Look" dressing on there to finsh things off.

Currently using Maguires interior spray but wouldn't recommend it, needs to be wiped then buffed, found auto glym' s interior stuff much better lifts more dirt off,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the help,looking into a couple on here as i use the Maguires leather cleaner which as you said you have to buff up after but does last

for ages,its just try and test for the best for yourself i think but i just hate the dullness on my plastics inside,mainly the still covers on the inner rim.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club