Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus, After Wheel Alignment specs

FordCLC

I purchased new tires today and also had a front and rear alignment done.  Here is a picture of the before/after measurements I received from the shop.  My question is why the "Current" rear camber appears to be more out of balance than the "Before Measurements".  I have no idea what it should be, I am making the assumption a larger negative value is worse.  Thanks for any insight!

20170427_142924.jpg

it shows on the picture what it should be, -2.2 to 0.7, so even if it is showing red its only ever so slightly out of spec. nothing to worry about in my opinion esp as the camber isnt adjustable any way and any slight difference before and after is bushes flexing

To be fair if they've charged you for it I might be a bit annoyed. I had mine checked before and didn't need anything done even though a garage said it was out, so they only charged me 1/2 labour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

its red

surely whomever wrote the software for that made red something to be concerned with?? no?

left rear is green but right rear is red to me indicating a warning or something needs to be done.

Yes your right. But it is very close to inside tolerence. So if he checked it and decided it was ok and didn't charge him then that's not so bad. If he says headjuated it and charged him for it then i would not be very happy at all. Because like you say. Its still out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it went in to have the tracking checked and adjusted to within spec, then it appears this has been done. It has had 4 wheel tracking carried out, ensuring all 4 wheels also align with each other, so they all point in the same direction when travelling along the road,so preventing the car "crabbing".

The "Red" right rear camber reading is different to having the tracking set, and would need to be "shimmed" to bring it within spec.

i used to do tracking and we saw this A LOT even with new cars the problem is when the car is tracked at factory it has about 5l of fuel in the tank (just enough for loading and getting it through pdi and to a fuel station) so there is no weight in the car. so presumably it would be ***** on.

give it a few miles or whatever things start to settle down and the car sort of adjusts and sits to how it wants to.

also the heavy stuff on one side of a boot or a full tank or the sensor not bang on in the wheel and you will get discrepancies its not that far out if it was off the scale then id worry

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club