Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacing a heater matrix mk5 fiesta

paulliver

Hey, not a difficult job, just time consuming and fiddliy!

It requires removal of the dashboard...remoaval of part of heater system, block off matrix pipes, then remove matrix.

Replace, partly refit heater system and sit dash in place, then top up coolant system, run engine and bleed system and ensure matrix not leaking!

Run engine ensuring no air locks and matrix gets warm, then you can fit dash back fully :)

Expect spending a good day! :)

the wifes heater matrix is blocked so im thinking of changing it anybody done the above and how did you do it

cheers paul

You don't need to remove the dash at all, it takes about an hour to do. Look under the bonnet to the back and centre of the vehicle, you'll see two pipes leading through a soft covering. Follow the pipes and you should see them attached to a removable plate held in by 4 screws, that's where the heater matrix sits. Any more help just give me a message.

You don't need to remove the dash at all, it takes about an hour to do. Look under the bonnet to the back and centre of the vehicle, you'll see two pipes leading through a soft covering. Follow the pipes and you should see them attached to a removable plate held in by 4 screws, that's where the heater matrix sits. Any more help just give me a message.

hi steve sent u a message

thanks paul

did what u said m8 didnt take long,i flushed a load of rust /crap out of the matrix refitted it and hey presto???now have hot air blowing :)

im thinking of dropping all of the coolant out when it get a bit warmer then refilling it all with fresh .i will flush the radiator and heater matrix out first then add fresh anti-freeze and water should be fine

thanks for the help

paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club