Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help. Ford Fiesta zetec mk 7. Mods?

ReeceFiesta10
聽Share

I'm am sorry for what you are about to read馃槀 I am a rookie

Hi, I am 17 and as my first car I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec 2010 black. I have never been into cars but now I own one I am constantly looking at things to improve or make the car look better on the eye. I have put a zetec s spoiler on but am unsure about anything else? Been looking at diffusers for the rear end but haven't got a clue how to fit it or if any garage would be fine doing it? If so what price? Also exhausts anyone know any cheap but well made ones? If so would it be expensive to get fitted at a standard garage.聽

Also My alloys are silver have been looking to get blacked out, would it make the car look any better?聽

Any other ideas?聽

Wont let me upload any photos unfortunately

Cheers

Hi Reece

OMG what is your insurance - I remember when I had my 1st car it was over 拢2k (I was 18)

If you mod it , you need to inform your insurance company - or you will not be covered聽

• Like 1

I take it you have the 15 inch alloys? If so don't spray them ones black. As soong as the tyres fade and go grey it will look awful as聽the tyre wall is very big. Also black alloys on a black car doesn't look good in my opinion. I聽got some 17 inch ones from a zetec s and powder coated them black.聽Looks good on my 2014 white zetec.

You could upgrade to a zetec s diffuser. It will cost about 拢180 including painting and parts from eBay.聽

Personally not a fan of putting an exhaust on a 1.2L car, just makes it sound like it is faster than it is. I don't think they did a mk7 st, just the facelift so if you were going to change then a zetec s exhaust, but it's a pointless upgrade with little to no poer difference.

• Like 1

@Luke4efc聽, yeah I understand that mate. What's the situation with going up to let's say 16inch or maybe 17? Would that cause any problems?

yeah I get you with the exhaust but tbh if the price isn't to excessive I wouldn't mind, just making them up grades. Benefits the car or not? Just going for looks since a remap would be pointless.

do you have any other ideas I could do internally/externally?

thank you

@Dagger - Insurance came up to 拢1850 mate, with a black box being fitted

48 minutes ago, ReeceFiesta10 said:

@Luke4efc聽, yeah I understand that mate. What's the situation with going up to let's say 16inch or maybe 17? Would that cause any problems?

yeah I get you with the exhaust but tbh if the price isn't to excessive I wouldn't mind, just making them up grades. Benefits the car or not? Just going for looks since a remap would be pointless.

do you have any other ideas I could do internally/externally?

thank you

If you go bigger wheels then you have to get smaller tyres. Any Fiesta wheel will fit any Fiesta. Only exception is the zetec s and ST 17 inch as they are wider. From factory the ST and Zetec S come with steering rack limiters so you should fit them i haven't and haven't had any clearance issues. 16 isn't worth upgrading to imo, they don't any聽different to anyone taking a quick glance. You could get the team dynamic alloys that quite a few people have fitted on here. They look really smart in black or anthracite (a dark grey), but I'd tell your insurance about those. They would probably look over any Fiesta wheels fitted.

Possibly look at tinting windows and wind deflectors. I wouldn't do and spend mad money on anything you can't make your money back on (or at least most of it). If you change your wheels, keep your old ones and fit them back when you sell the car, then sell the wheels separately. After all you're 17 so going to want something faster in a couple years time. You might not think so now, but trust me you will.

Internally you could fit some footwell lights if you don't have them fitted (not sure if it is facelift only). But set them up to come on when the door opens, otherwise it just ends up a complete gimmick that never gets used.

EDIT: jeepers you paid a lot for insurance. I paid 拢1500 for first year and got 拢350 back after 3 months for "safe driving" even though I get away with 80 on the motorway and at least 5mph over speed limit everywhere else.

• Like 1

@Luke4efc聽cheers bro been a massive help, since I am new to this I will just do the little things like you said wind deflectors, leds and tint windows.

probably the only bigger thing I will get done is the rear diffuser. alloys Seam to much of a hassle aha.

are the little things easy to fit?聽

I know you ain't a fantasy, but could you recommend any kind of exhaust?

also I don't like the fat whole聽in between the wheel arch and tyre. Any opinions on a cheap soloution?聽

9 hours ago, ReeceFiesta10 said:

are the little things easy to fit?聽

Yes. Most of them are just plug and play if you get the right parts obviously.

I know you ain't a fantasy, but could you recommend any kind of exhaust?

Sorry mate. I can't recommend something I haven't tried and tested myself. If you were going to upgrade then you would want a rear diffuser otherwise you won't see it. It's going to be expensive though. Talking 拢300 for a cat back, plus 拢180 for diffuser. I'd pass personally for something nobody will notice. Just please don't get a 3 inch ***** can exhaust, you should've got a Honda Civic for that.

also I don't like the fat whole聽in between the wheel arch and tyre. Any opinions on a cheap soloution?聽

You mean lowering your car? Yes and no. You can get a dirt cheap set of springs off eBay for around 拢60. Just expect the ride to be stiff and you'll feel every bump on the road. Oh and they'll probably聽snap after a while. If you're going to do it, do it right. You're insurance will probably charge you a fortune too. On the other hand, Eibachs are good, will cost you around 拢160聽for a decent set. Easy enough to fit with a set of spring compressors, just might take you a while the first time around. Garage will probably charge 拢100 for fitting.

There is another REALLY cheap solution. Fill your car full of bricks or other heavy items lying around. That'll lower it. Just make the car really slow in the process. But hey if it's looks your after and 14 year old girl's at maccies, then go for it 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Again, It's your first car and will probably only last a couple years. I wouldn't聽go mad spending money on it.

• Like 1

@Luke4efc聽Right cheers bro, thanks for the help and the cheeky maccies comment 馃槈

• Like 1

Short stubby aerial is normally quite nice. Get the one from Ford accessories UK, it's not expensive and works SO much better than Richbrook IMO

You have dirt cheap insurance.聽 I'm 21 and still pay 2200

• Like 1

@Luke4efc聽Right cheers bro, thanks for the help and the cheeky maccies comment 馃槈

Don't fit an exhaust.. Put frankly (no insult intended) you'll look a Muppet. It has what, 65bhp ish? Just save the money you'd use buying and insuring the exhaust and put it towards more mods or another car in the future聽

I paid 拢2200 for my first car 2004 1.4 fiesta, now two years no claims and I paid 拢750 for my ecoboost. Even mapped running 170bhp+ I paid 拢950

It'll soon drop, but unfortunately we all have a high point in prices and it sucks聽

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has 80 something mate but I get where you coming from.

cheers for the response聽