Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few little mods for a nicer look..

Ok guys, recently upgraded to a fiesta zetec s (race red)

Thinking of moding with some heko tinted wind deflectors, headlight brows and maybe even some black wing mirror covers.

Also debating getting the rims powder coated gloss black.

Any ideas of where I can get these parts for a decent price or of anyone in the club is selling these parts?

Open to any ideas too.

Added a pic of my pride and joy, no mods yet.

Cheers,

Loftie.1493422509890.jpg

Sweet ride mate. Get them rims powder coated as you said. Red car with black alloys are the best combo imo. You'll never look back honestly, I did the same on my white zetec. Looks awesome. Cost me £40 a wheel, but I had the garage take the tyres off as it had just had it's MOT and I was buying 2 tyres off them, so they also fitted all 4 for the same price.

Wind deflectors are cheap enough on eBay, along with all the other things you listed actually. eBay is your best friend for cheap mods like that. 

Only other thing I could say is wrap your roof gloss black. It's easy enough to do. Just a 2 man job with a heat gun.

A short aerial is normally quite nice, you can get a genuine Ford one fairly cheap and they're much better than the Richbrook ones IMO

Coloured lighting in the foot wells is normally nice and LED boot lighting is great if you're fed up of the crappy built in light. (i've done both these and they look great)

Other things to consider are door scuff plates, genuine Ford mats and a nice air freshener as well :P 

Consider tyre/trim dressings to give it a deeper black. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know a good site to get headlight brows for my car? Only one I've come across so far is triple r composites and they are selling at £53.50.
Cheers.

im getting mine from eBay these ones to be exact from poland but id rather wait then pay £20 extra  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-MKVII-Headlight-light-brows-lids-eyebrows-eyelids-NEW-ABS-/181659404406?fits=Model%3AFiesta&hash=item2a4bbe8876:g:R3EAAOSwl-FXNHun cheaper but need to use some type of silicone glue ill see when the time comes.

im getting mine from ebay these ones to be exact from poland but id rather wait then pay £20 extra  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-MKVII-Headlight-light-brows-lids-eyebrows-eyelids-NEW-ABS-/181659404406?fits=Model%3AFiesta&hash=item2a4bbe8876:g:R3EAAOSwl-FXNHun cheaper but need to use some type of silicone glue ill see when the time comes.

Yeah I did come across these but having to prime and spray them myself put me off a little.

id think they would be the same as wind deflectors as in plastic looks, im going to look at wrapping mine in matt black wouldn't be too difficult and it looks smoother than painting IMO and would go with the wrapped bumper.

• Like 1

id think they would be the same as wind deflectors as in plastic looks, im going to look at wrapping mine in matt black wouldn't be too difficult and it looks smoother than painting IMO and would go with the wrapped bumper.

You just reminded me I've got some gloss black wrap left still so I could give that a go, thanks haha. Attempted to wrap my wing mirror caps which was going great until I reached the rounded point and the sheet just bunched up. Tried using a heat gun too but just couldn't get it to stick flat. Any tips?

yh i tried it first time for me on the mirror caps, got to the corner you got to and was scratching my head for good half hour, i was using me moms hair dryer, all i can say is persistence and go carefully, i managed to do it by stretching it round the corner making the bunched up bits go round the corner and then stretching out on the flat bit there, mines not perfect but i love the way it looks.

yh i tried it first time for me on the mirror caps, got to the corner you got to and was scratching my head for good half hour, i was using me moms hair dryer, all i can say is persistence and go carefully, i managed to do it by stretching it round the corner making the bunched up bits go round the corner and then stretching out on the flat bit there, mines not perfect but i love the way it looks.

It's a pain in the backside! Did you take the caps off to wrap or just do it whilst still on the rest of the wing mirror?
I think my other problem was having the heat gun was way too hot and when I stretched it, it just tore. Hacked me right off!

yh the heat was just right on the dryer, and i took it off easy to do 4 clips you get to from behind the mirror, bit fiddly but came off with a wiggle lol.

• Like 1

yh the heat was just right on the dryer, and i took it off easy to do 4 clips you get to from behind the mirror, bit fiddly but came off with a wiggle lol.

Yeah took mine off too but was debating if it just made it more difficult. I'm gonna try a hair dryer next. Got plenty of wrap left, but patience on the other hand... Hmm. [emoji23]

yh haha it would be easier cus you can turn it in your hand where as your limited on the car, im good with patience i go carp fishing a lot so patience is key haha

yh haha it would be easier cus you can turn it in your hand where as your limited on the car, im good with patience i go carp fishing a lot so patience is key haha

Haha fair play I gave fishing ago and that was about it..
Cheers for the info though mate, will keep ya posted with how it turns out.

Wind deflectors done, just for anyone else who is looking to get these.

I didn't use the metal clips provided.
1) because they just seems too damn big to get in the channel and (see picture)
2) even before attempting to put the clips in the deflectors seem to fit flush and are not able to move due to the shape of the door itself. (at the front the deflector sits the whole length of the down pillar and at the rear the pillar has an inwards angle so the deflector can't drop)

I did have to purge the window button to get the windows to stay up at first but even after 10 minutes of leaving the window up and then trying a normal operation they were fine. Going to leave them up for a few hours just so the seals can adjust.

1495193777955.jpg1495194107667.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Been a while since I updated this thread and quite honestly I had just forgot about it. But this is my car currently.

The picture of the footwells were the original red led 501s I got from ceuk, but I have since upgraded them to the smd boards and they are a million times better than the picture.

Still undecided about getting the rims black.
Was also thinking of the zetec s gel wing badges too but would like people's opinions.

Saw a nice little mod that Ash (on YouTube) had done with adding a red bead to the wind deflectors and also the eyebrows. Something else I might consider.

And lastly someone had recommended wrapping the roof black.

Opinions and ideas would be much appreciated peeps, cheers.

1517264529083.jpg1517264556691.jpg1517264590525.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Car is looking nice mate, if I were you I'd keep the alloys silver.

I absolutely detest black alloys, to me they look like a car that has lost it's wheel trims, seen a yellow Lamborghini yesterday whith black alloys, didn't do nothing for me whatsoever. 

I was thinking of wrapping my roof gloss black, but have been preoccupied with fitting my RS rear spoiler lately.

My advice to you would  be to keep mods subtle, and don't go to mad to quick, your car is looking spot on at the moment. 👍

I don’t often disagree with @wilto but I think black wheels can look very good. You’ve got a lot of black on the Fiesta already and no chrome or silver bits. Black wheels would tie it all together nicely IMHO.

I love the black wheels on Eve (my previous project and now Mrs P’s Mk2 Focus).

5a95a3a83afef_150820-loweredpics2.thumb.jpg.ef46463797442af8285d0c8ce69891cc.jpg

5a95a4623a7a6_150820-loweredpics1.thumb.jpg.d7bd792397040c1b2aee4c74bac9f15e.jpg

• Like 1

Car looks nice as it is. I never used my metal clip on the deflectors. Where the footwell lights hard to do?

I agree with @wilto about the wheels. I did mind dark on my white Zs, and not a massive fan. I've also seen so many with exactly the same compination.

I'm now looking to go white or bronze. Something different.

Though it's your car do what makes you happy.

See I disagree with all of you. Black wheels suits a red car the best, it's hard to go wrong with them.

I don't like Matt Black wheels though as they look a bit chavvy like somebody has just got a can of black spray paint and quickly done it.

I think dark grey/ gun metal grey is more popular nowadays. If I was going to spray mine again for a white car that's the colour I'd be going for.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for such a delay in replying to you all. FORD OC app just stopped working on my phone and its taken me 2 months to actually pull my finger out and install a diff forum app (what a d¡¢k)

Thanks for all the comments and recommendations too guys. Still stuck on a decision for the wheels.

I am however gonna wrap the roof black, parked next to a fiesta in Farnborough today with a black roof and that did it for me haha.

Gonna stick some black wing badges on too and possible gonna call it a day on the mods.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club